This review is a bit late - my wife and I stayed here in May 2012 for our wedding anniversary. Trip from the airport was sort of exciting. We decided to go with a regular taxi rather than a hotel shuttle. Driver was nice but took back roads the whole way through sugar cane fields. It was bumpy to say the least! When we got out of shaky cab and walked into the lobby of the hotel, it was like paradise. Check-in was easy, served rum punch and shown to our room.
View from the balcony was stunning. Beach was perfect. The pool was very nice but we didn't swim in it once as the beach was so perfect. The food was a little bit of a hassle. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times and the food ranged from adequate to very good. There are a few restaurants you can walk to that are pretty good but it can feel like a hike in the heat, with cars whizzing by you. Taxis are easy but it's very expensive to get around the island.
We did one of the island jeep tours which was a lot of fun. On Friday night we took a public bus down to Oistins which was an adventure also. The bus took forever - a bit over an hour to get there. The scene was very cool - tons of food vendors, a DJ and locals selling crafts. We thought it was very cool how the tourists blended with the local people. Everyone was very friendly. Decided to take a taxi back from there late at night because we couldn't deal with that bus again and it was about $45 (opposed to $4 for the bus).
So, all in all it was a great trip and a great hotel. The staff were all very nice and helpful. I'm not sure if we'll return to Barbados again because there are other places we want to see, but if we do I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.