Our family stayed at the Fairmont Glitter Bay prior to a Silversea cruise out of Barbados-part of a package arranged through Luxurylink.
The high points: -beach rather nice -nice pool -understanding and concerned general manager
Low points (only the most important listed)- -Employees seem to care not one iota about guests -no towels for 36 hours -poor, poor food -pool being epoxyed and repaired without any concern for guest comfort or safety -homely, hot rooms that need repair -a children's area right next to the employee dressing area with contract workers walking through without any form of identification. Only a matter of time until a tragedy occurs. -desk staff get kickbacks for arranging high taxi fares (told to me by two sepaqrate drivers. Cannot confirm). -awful area for conferences.
The trouble with this resort is that it is a timeshare, and somehow Fairmont has allowed its name to be slapped on this resort. The manager, an extremely understanding gentleman, stated that no money has gone into renovations because there are over twenty separate owners of this resort.
I would stay far away from this resort. The Fairmont next door is quite nice in fact.
Please feel free to e-mail me for any questions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glitter Bay is no longer affiliated with Fairmont Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Glitter Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glitter Bay Hotel Porters
- Glitter Bay Barbados/Saint James Parish