From the moment we arrived at Colony Club the staff could not do enough for us. The bellman took our bags and gave our name to reception. We were then offered a rum or fruit punch. A member of reception then came to us to book us in. We were told to relax and when we were ready we would be taken to our room. We had a luxury poolside room with private access to a lagoon pool. The room was unbelievable. The size, the cleanliness and so very comfortable. The next morning Claire knocked to ask if we had a good first night and that she would be looking after us, and that she did for the whole week. We never had a problem getting a subbed, and those were even comfortable. The pool and beach were simply amazing. The breakfast catered for everyone whether you wanted a full english, fresh fruit, cereal, croissants etc. We ate 3 evening meals here. These were also very good especially the steak, one of the best I've ever had. Of course the food was more expensive than local restaurants, but you always expect that in a hotel. The beach ambassadors and bar staff were also great and were always very attentive, polite and ready with a friendly smile. Special mention to Corey and Omar, just lovely people. Sandra was also ready for a chat and a laugh, as I said nothing was too much trouble. This is a lovely, friendly hotel in a fantastic location, and the staff are simply first class. Well done Colony Club we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Regatta Hotels, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish