We have vacationed in Barbados before and the hotels we stayed had more night time activities. The beach has a sharp drop off as soon as you enter the water. apart from that, the hotel and grounds were very nice. Also, there is a promenade that runs along the beach which takes you pass other hotels as well as private residences....some very grand and other not so grand. We were able to walk along the promenade down to Lime Grove Mall in one direction and to the Fairmont Royal Pavilion in the other. The room was nice and our balcony overlooked the pool. The food was very good and I was stuffed every night. Travel time to and from the airport is about 40 minutes and quite scenic. The island is small and I was able to circle the entire island in a day which included stopping at points of interest on the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels and TripOnline SA so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish