We regularly stay at this hotel and, as usual, thoroughly enjoyed our visit. In particular noted the improved food in Laguna restaurant at night, and the entertainment and special nights were also better this year. As a result, we ate on site much more than in previous years.
The staff, old and new always make us so welcome, and it's not really possible to place one above another. Sandra, Brian, John, Carol, Trevor, Kareen, Neil, Matthew, Winelle, Rosemary, Antonio, Aleisia...and others, all made us feel special. Everyone tries so hard to make our stay enjoyable. Nothing seems to be too much trouble.
Picture a very hot day on the beach, the Brits fading fast in the heat. A young man with a smile as wide as the ocean travels in and out of the sun beds offering chilled facecloths. He makes sure that no one was missed. A guest is leaving the sea, he waits; if they want to chat, he chats. He approaches a lady in the shade. Discreetly checks she is asleep. Tiptoes by, but notices her hat has fallen on the sand and is slowly blowing away. He retrieves it and gently reinserts it in a secure place beside her. She remains oblivious. He approaches the next lady who is elderly and lying on her sun bed. Politely, and recognising her situation, he crouches very low and gently hands her a facecloth, so she doesn't need to move. A friendly word, and he moves on. Just a few minutes in Antonio's day. He wouldn't have known I was watching!
I guess that's why we will return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotwire, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish