In over 40 years of traveling, my husband and I have stayed in wonderful properties, but have never returned two years in a row...until we went to Colony Club. This very intimate property intrigued me last year when I visited the website and saw photos of lush grounds and lovely pools, not to mention the tree-lined beach. We read that this is not a property for those who like lots of night-life, and this is correct. However, if you want a property with A+ service, good food, and an assortment of complimentary options, including a wonderful island tour or paddle boarding, this is the place for you. Beds are very firm with large comfy pillows. Our deluxe ocean view room included a table with two chairs plus a double bed with pillows on which to relax. The view of the ocean was great. The majority of the guests here are from Great Britain. There were a handful of guests from the USA. If given the chance, I would love to return for a third visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." A magnificently restored former gentlemen's club, where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort, the 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish