First class dining experience. Buffet lunch with tiger prawns, king prawns, smoked salmon, green mussles, crab legs, flying fish, king fish and everything in between. Chicken, stews, cold salads, Angus beef steaks, lamb chops, prime rib joints and ham joints. Hot and cold vegatables of all kinds. All food was prepared and presented with perfection. Nothing on the buffet was allowed to be empty even though the restaurant was crowded. Staff was attentive and courtious. Wine list excellent with a very nicely priced Chablis. Set price which included VAT and service which made the actual meal cost very reasonable for what you receive. Also the setting is great. Open air beside a large shallow pool type lagoon with live steel drum music. Located on St. James coast, $25 US taxi from Bridgetown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." A magnificently restored former gentlemen's club, where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort, the 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish