We recently spent a week (November 2012) at the Colony Club for our honeymoon. I have to say the place was amazing. So easy and so relaxed. We loved it. Great location. Sunset right on your doorstep every night! Our room (103) was ten yards adjacent to the beach / bar / restaurant / pools but still felt nice and private. Nice spacious clean room, the bed was massive, the air-con was quiet but very effective. A nice big veranda with tables and chairs.
The staff were all great and couldn't be more helpful, even allowing us to use the room late into the afternoon on our departure day, without any extra charge - (no one is booked into your room tonight, so just use it until you have to leave, no problem). A lot of little extras that make all the difference. Wifi was good. Happy hour around the bar at the pool was always a nice relaxed and social part of the day if you wanted it to be! Although November was out of season, the place still had a nice vibe about it. The guests were all middle aged / mature / families - which made for a relaxing time for us. Would highly recommend it. We will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." A magnificently restored former gentlemen's club, where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort, the 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Colony Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados/Saint James Parish