“Amazing experience, what a day!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Margate, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience, what a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was not sure about this trip as was only in Barbados for 7 nights but I desperately wasted to see Bathsheba. This is a 4X4 Toyota touring 'safari' so not suitable for people who are disabled as you need to step up to get into the truck. This tour is from 08:30 isn to 15:00 and does stop to take in scenery and bathrooms. Lunch is also included. It cost around 190BBD to go which I thought at the time was pricey but when I ended the day it was more than worth it and as I said a sit down lunch is provided.
This is an island tour of Barbados which stops at scenic places and takes you to 'unseen' Barbados. Definitely worth it just for a break from the beach. Tour guide 'Junior Friday' was VERY knowledgeable with the island history and places also friendly and quite amusing. Had a great laugh and saw some amazing places. Barbados is truly a stunning place-especailly Bathsheba! I left with a heavy heart and would definitely repeat this trip. I have been telling everyone about this!! Find them on Facebook :)

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Drive yourself around instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went on 'The Congaline Adventure' with this company. This is a good thing to do if you want to get a flavour of a few different parts of the island. However none of the visits are done in very much depth, as the stops are fairly quick. What I was disappointed with was the lack of knowledge of the staff. When we went to Welchman Hall Gully the guide (not our driver, but one of the other drivers) was terrible. He said "we don't do tours here very often anymore, so I've forgotten most of it", which was honest but doesn't make up for the fact that that is just not good enough. He then got a leaflet that anyone walking through there can take and walked along saying 'what number is that?' and then proceeding to read what that number plant was. Not impressive, considering the 87.50 US dollars per person price tag for the whole tour. Our own driver too had some knowledge, but it was all very basic (stuff that any resident would know) and funnily he also mentioned his lack of knowledge of plants saying something about a plant and then saying "but I don't know about any of the other plants because, and the men will tell you this ladies, men aren't interested in flowers and plants" which is obviously not true. This would have been ok, had he had more detailed knowledge of something else but he didn't. Instead of doing a tour like this, get a good guide book to the island and map and hire a car and go where you want paying admission charges for the places that charge them and that you want to go inside. A car cost us 125 US dollars for two days (62.50 per day), which is a better idea if there are 2 or more of you. The longer you hire a car for the cheaper the daily rate will be, and of course you can shop around and negotiate.

Visited July 2013