“Great food and party atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Great food and party atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Oistins is renowned for its fresh fish and doesn't disappoint. I had Snapper and my partner had Swordfish, both tasted excellent. Also good value at B$50 for both meals £15

Visited August 2014

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Everyone I had spoken to had said we had to visit the Oistins Fish Fry, glad they did. Friday night was awesome: all the restaurants vying for business and offering tasters, the music, the chat. The fish was spectacular and great value, the atmosphere was unforgettable. Probably the best meal we had in Barbados.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Oistins in Barbados must be experienced to understand!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I went to Oistins couple months ago unexpectedly with a few friends from the USA. I normally won't go on a Monday night, but I was glad I did. We sat at the tables opposite the stage, closer to the road. The waitress came over and I ordered grilled Snapper and fries and salad. The others did the same. We ordered macaroni pie which we ate from one plate( trying to cut back on the calories lol)while we waited for the main order. The pie was delicious and when the food came the snapper was a whole fish. It was so tasty, such a huge portion for one person , I took the balance home. While we ate, they was free entertainment, Cheryl grazette the limbo lady, Bajan Michael Jackson is so talented and the karaoke Dj was blasting old calypso and in the breaks he played exerts, Anansi stories and jokes from Alfred Pragnell and Trevor Eastmond...I was like wowwww!!! This is soooooo cool and so Barbadiana!!!! Then a combo of tourist and locals danced on stage( very entertaining) I got all this entertainment and only paid Bds $ 40 for my food!!!Loved it and love Oistins!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, New York
“Can you say livin large.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I guess some people do not understand what a fish fry is. Is where lots of people come together, eat fish, drink banks beer, and listen to local music enough said. This place was alot for fun for the family. It was crowded I expected this, it was hot, hell its summer out doors, but the locally caught fish, shrimp, lobster was all worth it. we sat on the left side at the end where it was cooler. do not get caught up stopping at the first of more than 40 food stands. go shopping they all have different meals. prices are close from one place to another. most of the plates where around $30 local dollars. the beer was cold. I would recommend getting there around sunset it got busier as the night went on. there was lot of traffic but i get this at home just suck it up it is only a one lane road. There is a parking lot just across the street behind the KFC very large. Go past the KFC and make a left up the block it goes right into the lot. This is a must for your list of things to do on the island.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kirkland, Canada
“fish fry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Took the laocal bus on Friday night for the weekly fish fry. Great food ....lots of people...locals and tourists. Good entertainment !!

Visited July 2014