This is the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at for sure!
And the staff are what makes this hotel stand out as something special...
It was our honeymoon so we high expectations as we have previously stayed at Excellence Riveria - Mexico which has the "wow" factor with its suites and 7 restaurants etc.... But we were not disappointed. A warm welcome greeted us and we were helped to our room. This was the only negative of this resort - Some of the rooms are very "tired" looking but I am lead to believe that this is a typical standard for the caribean. After much consideration I went back to reception and explained we were on honeymoon and were not happy with the quality of the room. We were very quickly upgraded to a much better wing of the hotel and room and balcony twice the size! So now the holiday could start.....So thank you Ella on reception for sorting this small hitch!
There are 3 restaurants to chose from and all are of a very high standard. The Italian restaurant is fantastic but please note does not allow children and men must wear full trousers and no trainers/flip flops! But worth some visits while you stay. The main restaurant is superb and pretty much all holiday is a la carte ( we only had buffet twice in 2 weeks) Another good reason for this restaurant is most nights there is live music and it is of a good quality & completes the evening if not heading out for the nightlife of St Lawrence Gap. Breakfast & lunch has very good choice daily too. We never had it but there is room service available at a small charge I believe. Petro the restaurant manager is a diamond and always on good form.
The drink choice is good for an all inclusive. And Ryan the bar man makes the best cocktails ever - with an extensive listing available. Even the house white wine offered was nice!
We loved Crystal on information desk who helped book us some restaurant reservations, she remembered our names all holiday which is always nice!. We ate twice out of the hotel as it is nice to come of resort of course! So a must if you go is Champers restaurant. Very romantic and massive portions so my advice is don't eat all day! They knew it was our honeymoon so the restaurant gave us best table which was on cliff edge decking with the sea lapping up the rocks all lit up. They even decorated our table with wedding confetti (its the small detail that counts)! We also ate at Pisces which was very special too and equally had great ocean table views.
You can walk to St Lawrence Gap and be in the main nightlife in 10 minutes but a taxi is only 10 babardos dollars. Taxi is recommended if you wish to avoid the locals trying to "sell" you "stuff"! The best bar which everyone seems to go to is Mcbrides but dont go before 11pm. They do different themed nights including live bands, DJ's, 70-80's nights etc.
The hotel is due for refurb end of 2010 so be interesting to return for our 5 year anniversary and experience even more luxury but hopefully no refurb with the staff as they are just simply the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover