Spent a week at Turtle Beach in October with family (husband and kids 15 & 11). Was a little worried by earlier reviews buch much reassured on arrival when check in went wonderfully. We were given seats, cold drinks and cold cloths while we filled in the forms. The one bedroomed suite we had was huge - in the corner of the hotel so a little dark but much bigger than the rest. The bathroom could have done with a refurb but nothing that caused a problem. No hot water for first couple of days, but the cold was tepid enough to shower in. Air con very good.
Pleasantly surprised by the food both in terms of quality and service. Plenty of variety for all of us. Bar service not ever a problem, though the hotel was getting busier as we left. Perhaps it is when they are full that there are any problems.
Breakfast buffet so huge that the kids sometimes didn't want lunch! Lots of birds as previously noted, but not a problem if someone is at the table.
Water sports boys very helpful Could always get a body board or kayak when wanted. Red flag only up one day - though the waves were too big for very small kids to be safe in. There were always sun beds available at the pool or beach but not always with a shade. Plenty of shady spots round the hotel though.
Went on trip where we swam with turtles and at a coral reef. Definitely to be repeated.
If you want luxury and you are fussy about appearances then TB probably not for you. If you just want to relax and enjoy the holiday with the family then it is great. We would go back like a shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover