Well, how can I start? FANTASTIC holiday/honeymoon. So many memories we will cherish forever. The hotel is situated on a lovely beach. Spacious beach with plenty of sun loungers that captain Sam and his staff will get/move for you without hesitation. The waters can be fierce and during our stay the red flag was up for the majority of the 10 days, although still see people paddling in it. The water sports are good. My husband enjoyed boogie boarding and the team will show you how to use them. The breeze on the south side is divine. It takes the edge of the full on sun but do think you burn quicker. Beach is lovely for little ones. My 21 month old loved it.
The swimming pools are lovely. Always being cleaned and tested. My little one enjoyed the baby pool best and she was able to stand in it.
Rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed in room 136 and was perfect for the little one as on ground floor. Cleaning staff were excellent. Always keeping ourroom clean.
Staff were very friendly and took a keen interest in my little girl. Always saying hello and making a fuss. Maradonna was wonderfully cheerful and my daughter loved him the best.
Chemist/pharmacy a 10 minute walk away.
Food good. Always a variety and hot. If you stayed there two weeks the food might become a bit repetitive. Kids food avaliable from 5.30pm which worked well.
Drinks were free flowing. Help yourself to soft drinks snd the bar serve alcoholic cocktails. Recommend the rum punch!!
Weather has been good. A bit of rain in the day for 10 minutes or so but heavy rain overnight a few times.
Overall we had an amazing honeymoon. We came home today and we want to go back now. I hated leaving there as it was just perfect. See you next year turtle beach!! Keep up the good work.
1 tip: if you have any allergies or intolerances like dairy then try and take as much free from food with you as it's VERY hard to come by out there. I asked if the hotel could get my daughter some dairy Free butter and as no one got back to me I was assuming they couldn't get any.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Hotel
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach Resort
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 166 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised Tommy Turtle Kids Club (for children aged 3-11) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.