We stayed at the Hilton Barbados for 9 nights in October. I am hotel snob (My husband jokes a Courtyard by Marriott is my idea of camping) and I really have nothing but good things to say.
-The staff was very polite and friendly
-The beach was not crowded and fairly clean, the water was generally calm
-The room was a bit generic but very clean with turndown service with water and chocolates and very well cared for
-The food and beer at the bar was good
-Diamond welcome gift was large fruit plate
-The pools were great, the top pool is an infinity pool. The lower pool and hot tub are closer to the bar and very large. I enjoyed the comfy cushions the staff put on the lower pool chairs (but not the upper for some reason)
-Dont miss the fort on property complete with cannons
-The property is VERY well maintained, there seemed to be staff cleaning all the time (this is perhaps one of the best maintained properties I have been to in the Carribean)
-THE CLUB, we stayed on points and had club access. The club had a light breakfast (meat, fish, breads, cheese, cereal, juice, yogurt, juice and coffee) for free, if you wanted the buffet you could go to the front desk and they discounted it for 10 US, we didnt ever do this. All day there was tea and cookies The evening cocktails had 2 hot dishes and several cold dishes (veggies, cheese) from 6-830 PM. After 830 there was chocolates and brandy until 10. The club is on the 8th floor with a great view and was generally quiet. The alcohol selection was outstanding, red and white wine, local beer and Heineken, and about every hard alcohol and mxer you could want. There was also a good selection of local rum in the club.
-There is free wireless internet access in the club remember to bring your laptop and ask the conceirge for a 24 hour access password. If you don't bring your own computer there is one in the club (free 30 min password) but during peak times the wait can be long and annoying
-Get your pool chair early, not enough umbrellas/chairs by the pool
-Too many kids at times, there really should be a seperate area for adults in the pool
-The food (breakfast and appetizers) don't change. Breakfast has been the same every day, there seem to be only 6 appetizers (samosas, chicken fingers, mozerella sticks, chicken wings, egg rolls, jalapeno pepper poppers) on one stretch we had samosas 4 days straight. A little more variety would have been nice.
-As in other reviews...I wish someone would limit children the lounge, especially when they scream. Sometimes the kids would take 1/2 the appetizers on one plate.
Though not about the hotel if you rent a car dont try to drive when it rains. We drove to Harrisons cave and downtown and it started raining. The roads flooded and cars stalled, there was water 8-12 inches deep on MAJOR roadways so if it rains, dont drive. If you do rent a car be aware there are few street signs on the island and it can be a bit of a challenge getting around. Remember that travel is an adventure, enjoy Barbados!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Barbados Hotel
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Saint Michael
- Hilton Barbados
- Hilton Hotel Bridgetown
- Hilton Bridgetown
- Barbados Hilton
- Bridgetown Hilton
- Hilton Barbados Resort Saint Michael Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of a 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the luxurious Hilton Barbados Resort enjoys a prime location on the lush tropical peninsula of Needham's Point in Barbados. Each of our 350 lavishly-appointed ocean front rooms & suites is imbued with the comfort and style you’ve come to you expect from Hilton. With amenities tailored for couples, families, and business travelers alike, the 100% non smoking and fully accessible Hilton Barbados Resort, really is a full service, versatile paradise for all. Just five minutes from the island’s capital, Bridgetown, 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and walking distance to the newly listed UNESCO World Heritage site of The Garrison, the 8-storey resort features a sprawling pool complex with whirlpool, as well as three premium tennis courts, four restaurants and a Fitness & Health Centre with spa treatment rooms overlooking Carlisle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Barbados Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.