We just stayed 4 nights here. For the price you cannot beat the experience. Though we were told a pick up would happen at the airport, no one was there upon arrival. There were plenty of taxis to take us to the manor so there was no wait whatsoever. Upon arrival we were asked if we wanted a beverage both alcoholic and non alcoholic. We were then asked if we had dinner arrangements and had some made for us. My advice is to let them know your price range and if you want to be at a more touristy locale or one that caters to more locals. If you don't they will just send you to a very touristy location that is high priced. We were in 3 different rooms as there wasn't one room available with consecutive nights for the length of our stay. Our first and favorite room was the Island Room. We stayed there two nights. It is large with high ceilings and very quiet. The mignonette and the captain's room were on the same floor, were very similar rooms and looked very lovely. The second room we stayed in was the Butterfly room which we were not booked in, but was given to us at a cheaper rate since our other room was not available. I would advise not to stay in this room. It is on the bottom floor, very noisy, the bed is very small and not comfortable and the room is tiny. Our last night we stayed in the Hummingbird Nook. The room design is lovely as it has a veranda and is separate from the main house. There is a mosquito net over the bed, however there were lots of mosquitos and it was not efficient. Every morning we were treated to a different 4 course breakfast. You have the option to sit in various areas of the property which is very nice. Overall the staff is very nice and can be helpful if you have questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A simple and fun bed and breakfast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Hotel Saint Michael
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed And Breakfast
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast Barbados/Saint Michael Parish