I've been to Barbados several times and generally stay on beachside properties. On a whim I decided on this trip to spend a couple of days exploring Bridgetown so booked into Sweetfield and am SO glad I did. This was by far and away the best inn-type property I've stayed at when in the West Indies. The decor is plantation style which I normally dislike (because of the historical connotations), but actually works well in this setting. Imagine the spacious home of a tasteful Barbardian Supreme Court judge and you'll get the vibe. The grounds are thoughtfully landscaped and it's atop a hill so catches a good breeze with nice views of the surrounding parish and the sea beyond.
The breakfasts were excellent and the staff go out of their way to put you at your ease. Michelle (the manager) and Timisha in particular were very helpful. My only regret is that I was there for just two nights. The mass market hotels now rather pale in comparison! Will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A simple and fun bed and breakfast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed And Breakfast
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Hotel Saint Michael
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast Barbados/Saint Michael Parish