Location: this beautiful Bed and Breakfast is situated near Bridgetown but in the beautiful garden with a beautiful view.
Hotel: it is not a really hotel, byt a very nice plantation house - Bed and Breakfast. It´s small, nice, romantic, pleasant, calm and really beautiful accomodation with amazing garden and pool - little lake directly in the tropical garden. It has only 7 rooms. Sweetfield Manor was owned by George and Ann Clarke and it was number 1 on Tripadvisor. But, it has been sold before a few weeks and now it has new management. That´s the reason, why it doesn´t have any reviews on Tripadvisor. We visitied Sweetfield Manor during the Christmas and it was the best time on Barbados.
Surroundings: hotel is located in a beautiful tropical garden, near Bridgetown. You should have the car for discovering town and island, but you can use also the taxi.
Accomodation: is nice, clean, pleasant, elegant. We visited Sweetfield Manor during the Christmas and we were alone there. Our room had a large terrace and it was directly in the beautiful garden with a little lake, where we could swim. Sweetfield Manor has an unusual concept. Guests have their own rooms, but also whole plantation house with kitchen, living-room, dining-room, terrace and garden, is open for them anytime. It´s a really amazing.
Breakfast: absolutely perfect. You have 4 course menu, which is prepare from fresh products, like fruits, eggs, juices, etc.
Food: Sweetfield Manor is Bed and Breakfast, so you have just breakfast here. There are some restaurants around, where you can have lunch or dinner, but you definitely need a car or taxi. Staff is a very helpful and nice and they help you with anything what you need. For example, we don´t have reservation for the Chrismas dinner (25th of December) and all restaurants were closed or full, so owners prepare for us cold cuts and dinner. It was a really nice, thank you a lot one more time!
Drinks: you can have drinks from the bar - there are waters, wines, beers, juices, or you can buy your own drinks and let them in the fridge.
Service: really very good without any problems
Staff: very nice and helpful
Advantages of this hotel:
- beautiful house with romantic and calm atmosphere
- very nice tropical garden, where you can see monkeys
- comfortable and nice accomodation
- very good service and attitude of the staff
- romantic and quite accomodation without crowds
- nice pool - little lake
- good and calm location
- very good breakfast and a few restaurants in surrounding
- free parking
- helpful and nice staff
Disadvantages of this hotel:
- prices are higher, but the quality was more then adequate
- not on the beach, but this accomodation isn´t about beaches and if you have car, it is not a problem
What you can do there:
- swimming in the little lake
- trips around the island
Our opinion: this was absolutely amazing accomodation on Barbados with very good staff, services and with the best breakfast. We truly recommend.
What you should know:
- the best choice is to rent the car
- hotel is around 30 minutes by car from the airport
- Also Known As:
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Hotel
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed And Breakfast
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Hotel Saint Michael
- Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast Barbados/Saint Michael Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A simple and fun bed and breakfast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sweetfield Manor Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.