We've just returned from Kings Beach Village Resort Barbados where we enjoyed a very relaxing holiday. Located across a rather busy road from the Kings Beach Hotel where we were able, nevertheless, to make use of their facilites plus access the beach. Although the hotel is a bit tired the Village is very pretty, the gardens and swimming pool beautifully maintained, the villas themselves are clean and simply furnished, not luxurious but clean, spacious and comfortable - only complaint is that the kitchens are poorly equipped with utensils. Our villa had a dishwasher and washer/dryer but we were refused use of the washer/dryer despite being advised to the contrary, still that was no big deal really. We hired a car for 3 days, but wish we'd kept it longer due to the lack of nightlife in the area and decent restaurants. Taxis become expensive when you rely on them every day. A good bus service runs between Speightstown and Bridgetown via Holetown which is fine during the day, not so sure at night time though. All in all it was good and would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Beach Village Hotel
- King`s Beach Village Hotel Saint Peter
- King's Beach Village Barbados/Saint Peter Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Beach village is a collection of one two and three bedroom self-contained villas overlooking a beautiful swimming pool. Set in well kept and lush tropical gardens the resort is the ideal get away for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. Each villa is equipped with a full kitchen and all bedrooms have air-conditioning. The villas have an outside patio area that can be used for dining or simply relaxing. The resort is kept to a very high standard and is owner/managed. There is a small poolside bar with TV. Housekeeping and maid service is available every day. The reception office assists with tours excursions and car hire. It also offers wireless internet facilities. In all the Kings Beach Village offers a full resort facility. ... more less