Have been home almost three weeks after two relaxing weeks at this lovely hotel.
The staff are really lovely (especially so after you have made the effort to engage with them) over the entire hotel. The restaurant staff are excellent, especially making sure your water and drinks are topped up! The food was excellent whilst we were there and we did not have one bad meal. The eggs freshly prepared at breakfast were always delicious and cooked perfectly, always with a smile.
The gardens are immaculate and the 'Gully Walk' with Rodney was a real treat, hearing all about the plants etc. The freshly picked coconut cut down while you watched and prepared for each of us to drink at the end was refreshingly welcome.
The glass bottom boat trip was also very enjoyable, having all the celebrity villas pointed out along the coast and then the magnificent sight of the turtles, which you could then get in the water with to see up close.
We met some really nice people whilst there and can understand why people have been there more than once. If you like small (under 50 rooms) hotels, good service, good food with great staff then this should be on your list.
Even though not on the beach (they do organise a shuttle down to Almond Beach) it did not detract from the enjoyment of our holiday.
The antics of the green monkeys around 7am are great fun to watch whilst sitting on your balcony/veranda with a cup of tea/coffee.
We hope to return again sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish