We went to Barbados for 10 days just to relax - being 7 months pregnant and not so mobile we weren't after and action packed holiday!
The hotel is not on the beach however is close to Heywood beach and although there is a free shuttle bus even I managed to walk back up the hill from Speightstown to the hotel and the midday sun without any problem at all.
The meals at the hotel were fantastic - buffet breakfast, al a carte lunch and a mixture of al a carte and buffet nights throughout the week so a good selection. Keep your eye out for chocolate brownie and coconut ice cream - if you can squeeze it in! It is worth going all inclusive as prices at the hotel and surrounding restaurants are UK (London) prices.
The rooms may be a little dated and could do with a little updating, however we spent so little time in our room it really didn’t matter.
Most guests disappeared off to their rooms after dinner and so it got very quiet at night. When we arrived there were only 22 guests staying at the hotel, which was ideal for us as we wanted quiet - we even had the pool to ourselves for a whole morning - and on the other days only a handful of people were around the pool. As I understand it from the staff they are due to pick up over the next few months and possibly full throughout December and January.
Lots of guests hired cars for a few days to go off and explore the island which was really easy to do and can be arranged from reception, the roads are fine to drive on. We hired a car with a driver for a day and had picked out a couple of places to go (Andromena Botanical Garden - is excellent and well worth a walk around $12USD pp and Flower Forest $10USD pp).
The only downside was the early morning wake up call from the cockerel at 4am, 6am and again at 7am - I was dying to see cockerel soup on the menu one day! Eventually I got used to it and slept through.
Thank you too all of the staff for making our holiday so relaxing and to the guests that were there at the same time as us, you all made our holiday memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Regatta Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish