This was our fourth visit to Barbados and we have always stayed in west coast beachfront properties previously but thought we would give the Sugar Cane a try based on good reviews and the fact that the west coast is receding. This now often means that the beach space is rather cramped especially in the all inclusive properties on this coast.
We arrived to cold towels, rum punch and a really friendly welcome from all the staff and loved it right from the start.
Our room was great, spotlessly clean and the balcony faced out over the gully where we were treated to a fantastic floor show each morning from the monkeys. In fact both my husband and I both remarked that the view was on a par with having a sea view as it was just so pretty and peaceful.
The food and drinks were all excellent and plentiful and every single member of staff that we came across was friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a little remote but we hired a car for 3 days and it is very easy to get out and about either by car, shuttle bus to the beach or the shuttle to Speightstown and then the buses to most places so we didn't feel hemmed in at all although the hotel was very quiet, especially towards the end of our stay so might not suit everyone.
I had a pedicure on the last day of my trip and I have to say that this was the only disappointing part of the holiday. I was kept waiting in reception for about 15 minutes then left in the footbath for a ridiculously long time to the point of discomfort. The therapist then filed my feet and grazed one of them on the side of the ball of my foot. A 75 minute pedicure took 2 hours I was left waiting around so much which is completely unacceptable.
All in all we had a wonderful holiday, met some really nice people and would definitely return, just not to the spa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa is graciously located on the North West Coast & Caribbean side of the Island Barbados. This 4 star deluxe Boutique Hotel is set upon a hilltop and has a charming Mediterranean architecture amongst tranquil and tropical ambiance. The Hotel & Spa is known for its warm hospitality, delivery of outstanding staff, service, and facilities in a casual setting. The 45 all-suite Hotel boasts one of the islands leading spa’s, two restaurants and bars, two swimming pools, a guest lounge, gym, art gallery, souvenir shop, squash court, and complimentary shuttle service amongst many more. Sugar Cane Club only accepts teenagers from ages 14 years and up, and no children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Hotel
- Sugar Cane Saint Peter
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa Barbados/Saint Peter Parish