“A stay I will remember forever. This hotel is a true gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Gazelle d'Or

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taroudant
La Gazelle d'Or
Save Saved
You added La Gazelle d'Or to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route d'Amezgrou, Taroudant, Morocco   |
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Taroudant
oxon
“A stay I will remember forever. This hotel is a true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My stay at the Gazelle d'or is one I will remember forever. It was a delight to stay at the Gazelle d'or. The staff were extremely friendly and the service was faultless. The owner was a delight and made us feel at home. We stayed on an easter break and it was so relaxing. The horse riding was a lot of fun and the guides took us through the orange groves in the lush and beautiful gardens. The food was delicious especially the tajine. I loved eating outside for dinner and by the pool for lunch. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. This hotel is a true gem and we can't wait to return! Many thanks to all the staff for looking after us so well!

Room Tip: All the villas were stunning
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Leaving London on a cold November morning and less than four hours later settling down for a bite to eat in 31 degree heat, surrounded only by the sound of birdsong and the smell of numerous flowers (I couldn't even begin to name) really is quite something.

The hotel is just outside Taroudant, in the middle of miles of seemingly arid countryside, however once you're inside the grounds of the hotel it's like being in the garden of Eden / Gardens of Babylon / some amazingly lush gardens. I see many other reviews mention the word paradise and it's easy to see why when exploring the acres of the grounds with rose-lined avenues, mile upon mile of citrus groves and beautifully manicured lawns. All you can hear is birds singing!

Amazingly the grounds also feature a large farm run by the hotel, which provides virtually all the produce the hotel serves, from avocado to the olives and even from both the incredible honey and yoghurt served on your terrace at breakfast. It's all organic and bio-dynamic too.

The suite I was in felt very homely and comfortable, whilst also being absolutely enormous. Having look around various of the other suites in the hotel I can verify this wasn't a one-off and they are all massive, many with even larger private outdoor spaces with pomegranate bushes, roses bushes and lime trees growing freely within.

The service we experienced was very friendly and overall efficient, the staff finding a nice balance between at being tentative and intrusive. Occasionally I'd end up with something I hadn't expected after ordering but I think this had more to do with my dire attempts at French than ineptitude of the staff!

I couldn't recommend La Gazelle d'Or enough for people looking for a winter sun break from the UK in an elegant and understated luxury environment, where they're able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet naturally created by such an oasis of calm.

Left feeling so very relaxed with a little bit of colour to my skin - what more can you ask for?!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent my honeymoon there and it was amazing. Met lifelong friends there too, and the service and quality is first class. You want for nothing yet feel laid back, relaxed. You can socialise or opt for privacy. Both are perfect. Love the rustic wood fires in the bedroom ......it's great.

Room Tip: Go for a bungalow. They're great. If you're in a group, book a row of the bungalows, nr to t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We just wanted to pass by and have a lunch, with a view to potentially stay there on another occasion, as this hotel belongs to the "must" of Morroco. However as we approached the entry, the guard stopped us asking for our name and reservation. As we had none, and without further ceremony or explanation, he simply dismissed us via our guide. We won't try again

Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I couldn't have had a better stay here. From the staff to the food to the amazing grounds, you couldn't ask for a more idyllic and peaceful place to spend a holiday. I fully recommend spending as much time here as possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Gazelle d'Or, I couldnt find fault with this hotel, the rooms are extremely generous and well appointed, the grounds are beautiful, and the food was delicious. The staff at the hotel were extremely professional and could not do more to help.

I am happy to reccomend this hotel to anyone who enjoys an elegant, beautifully decorated hotel in natural surroundings.

Room Tip: Use the spa
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A superb place to spend a few days relaxing (if the weather is good). The accommodation is spectacular, spacious and pampering, with lingering breakfast on the terrace whilst enjoying the splendid view towards the Atlas mountains. One's senses are aroused by the orange blossom and flowers. Walks in the extensive grounds - visit the camels and donkeys. Hammams and massages, huge pool, great buffet lunch. Dinner - a little disappointing - not quite up to the 5 star standard of everything else - but pretty good. Staff all wonderful. The only downside - it's exorbitantly expensive (by comparison to other similar places round the world). 3 nights with meals, hammam and massage etc was £1800 - and that was with a very welcome discount - thank you! If money is no object.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Gazelle d'Or? Share your experiences!