“Vacation of a LIFETIME!” 5 of 5 stars

Lantana Galu Beach
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   5 km south of Diani Beach, Galu Beach, Kenya   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Galu Beach
New York City, New York
“Vacation of a LIFETIME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had the good fortune to stay at Lantana for three weeks, about a year and a half ago. Those three weeks will always be among the most memorable, and cherished memories of my life.

From the tastefully appointed rooms of our penthouse, the sweeping views of the Indian Ocean, and the exquisitely manicured grounds, Lantana ranks among the most breathtaking properties one could ever hope to visit. Additionally, I cannot say enough about the courteous, helpful and efficient staff. From check in to check out, I was made to feel welcome, and cared for.

I have already written a separate review of Le Café at Lantana, and how much I enjoyed every meal I ate there, so I will only say that I look forward to some day returning to dine there again.

Thank you Jillian, and all of your wonderful staff for all of the fond memories. My boyfriend and I will see you again, the next time we are in beautiful Kenya.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spent 6 nights at Lantana Galu Beach, with my wife and 2 kids and my sister and her son and enjoyed an amazing get away to rest while the kids enjoyed the swimming pool which was right next to our Bungalow. The rooms are meticulously done and the staff are very friendly. Definitely a must go back for us. Thanks to the Gillie for organising everything.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dryanovo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

On arrival, we were upgraded from Penthouse junior accomodation to a senior Penthouse. This was a great start to our holiday. We spent 11 nights here doing absolutely nothing! It was good to get a rest. Never have we been on holiday with such friendly staff..they were all marvelous! It was unfortunate that my husband had problems with the food..he is so fussy and would normally only book into a hotel which has buffet meals. he slipped up on this one! The chef's tried their best to keep him happy, but it was difficult.
Nonetheless, we did enjoy the experience

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I will definitely visit Lantana Galu Beach Resort again and again and again. The resort is an absolutely fantastic getaway location. The service is excellent. This is a well managed, top of the range facility being perfectly run by a very amiable manager - Gilles. I thank you for the experience.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Villa but friends stayed at the penthouse and the three-bed apartments. All the unit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lantana Galu beach resort is a little paradise nestled along the beautiful white sands coast of Diani. Pristine service from the absolutely friendly and welcoming staff, great amenities, top rate spa and very well maintained and run by the wonderful manager Gilles who catered to our every whim. Stayed at the resort for five days from the first of April to the 5th. Also had friends and family fly in from around the world. Even with infants and toddlers in tow, the verdict was unanimous! Lantana Galu is a must for the discerning traveller, whether single, as a honeymoon venue or a relaxation spot with the whole family. Silas at the restaurant is sure to make you feel at home, the service staff, from the ladies at the spa, to the gardener a to the great guy cleaning the rooms, our party of over 20 excluding children had absolutely no complaints. This is a truly wonderful place with breathtaking views! Sure to return!

• Stayed April 2013
Kathmandu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We live in Nairobi and had only a long weekend so didn't want any hassles -we rented 3 bedroom bungalow with chef. Bungalow was excellent and had all we needed. Kitchen could have better knives and a coffee pot but we managed. Rooms were fab and construction very nicely done. A/C in bedrooms only suited us perfectly. Having our own little garden was great for kids Easter egg hunt!
The " chef " was very nice and we were comfortable having him around house which is the most important thing but his culinary skills were quite low. We have had hired chefs at coast many times and this time was far from top notch but we enjoyed having him as a prep cook and dish cleaner anyway. I do think some basic training on cooking and time management would be worth the investment. We decided not to change chefs so that was our choice. He was a nice man and we like to cook so it worked fine.
The Spa was a bit of a let down, I tried to make appointments twice before arrival to no avail and on arrival was put off another 24 hours. The very nice young lady who was to waxy legs needs loads more training and after an hour I gave up and left.
The pool was outstanding and not too crowded and the restaurant staff were extremely gracious and helpful.
Overall we loved this place and found it a perfect combo between self-catering and hotel! We will be back

Room Tip: Room service comment is in regards to chef comments above
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at Lantana twice; shortly after they opened (over Christmas) and two years later (before Easter so it was very quiet). I am pleased that the standards have remained the same-in fact I think they have improved. The manager (Gillie) is excellent and will make you feel at home and the staff (barman, reception, cleaner-everyone) are very friendly. The apartments are gorgeous and if you have kids they have the option of two pools where they can spend the whole day as you relax. The location is superb-clean beach and shopping center is a short 5 minutes drive. Buy a few food items/drinks for the days you dont want to go to the beach restaurant as you have the option of self catering in a well equipped kitchen.

Room Tip: Higher apartments have a good breeze and view but the trade off is the same breeze will rattle the w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lantana Galu Beach? Share your experiences!