This is a beautiful resort with a central restaurant, a ocean view bar a nice pool area and a wide range of accomodation types.
We stayed in the large hotel-type building with executive rooms. The rooms are not great, but quite nice, but they had no view. What I find strange is that the place was very quiet: why not give us a nice view or a little cottage.
My positives: good hospitality, nice menu with some good meals on it, nicely cooked for approx KES 1000. Pool is ok. Beach is small but nice and quiet. The sea water is beautiful temperature. Nice park-like setting.
My negatives: when you have a room with full/half board you have to order from the buffet menu, which means a limited choice of african foods. Breakfast buffet is not great, but staff is happy to include a nice omelet if you ask nicely. I found it to be very quiet, maybe a little to quiet...
Tip: before you book, make sure you agree on what type of accomodation you will be in, and what view you will have. All rooms/cabins have numbers.
Tip: if you want to enter the nice warm ocean, bring some water shoes to protect you from the black thorny thingies...
- Also Known As:
- Maweni & Capricho Beach Cottages Hotel Tiwi
- Maweni & Capricho Beach Cottages Hotel
- Maweni And Capricho Beach Cottages
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers self catering Cottages & Hotel rooms with magnificent beach view of Indian Ocean. The accommodation can be on the standard or the Executive rooms/cottages ranging from One to spacious Four bedroom set amidst lush tropical gardens. Getting there: The Maweni & Capricho Beach cottages is located on Kenya's south coast, 20kms from Mombasa city on clean white beaches of Tiwi. Conferencing: Our state-of-the-art conference & board meeting facilities make Maweni & Capricho the perfect venue to combine business with pleasure in a stunning location. Wedding: With striking perfect wedding venues, we are committed to provide an African touch, memorable moments & imaginative surprises for the wedding couple. Facilities:• Fresh water Swimming pool• Unisex Salon & Massage Parlour• Private Beach• Pool Side Restaurant• Moonlight Bar• Laundry Services• Transfer Services• Conference & board meeting facilities• Gift Shop• Animation programs• Wi-Fi connectivity• Snorkeling/ Diving Centre• Day trips to Shimba Game Reserve• Wedding Venue & planning services. At Maweni & Capricho Beach cottages we take pride on ourselves on high level of service and attention to ensure that your stay is both relaxing and memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hill Park Hotel - Tiwi Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.