A truly stunning setting and a very special warmth of hospitality running through the hotel & its staff. It was our second visit and I seriously think it will end up being our most visited hotel as the years tick on.
On every level it works. Elegant cool rooms ( if you can overlook the bay), immaculate housekeeping, a breakfast team that excelled at service as many descended at the same time to the terrace in no particular rush each morning.
My delight at being able to swim in crystal clear water , snorkel around the rocks and lie on the beach during the day. Then in the late afternoon head up into Taormina (by what would seem to be a ski lift taking just 6 mins) to see the Greek theatre, shop a little and at sunset a cocktail on the vast terrace of the Grand Hotel Timeo looking towards Etna. (it is their sister property and with whom they have a curtesy car dropping off several times a day)
Where Timeo has a really sense of the historical – think the era of the grand tour and films like Room with a View – Villa Sant Andrea is the pretty sister, more playful and casually sophisticated.
On arrival Angela greeted us in such warm way and impressed us with her memory of our last visit. You get the feeling that nothing escapes her notice and along with the GM, Giovanni Nastasi they are a formidable team with huge respect from the team. I liked the fact that the GM was from Sicily and not from another land – his passion for the hotel and Sicily is infectious.
It seems they have done some well thought out work in the last few years: the pool area has been extended and new suites sympathetically built above it. An elegant shop selling linen and accessories had me at the first glance (not exorbitant either) The piano bar is now outside on the terrace next to the very romantic restaurant. Most evenings Carmelo, the Piano Man brings a smile to the sun tanned faces of guests. Really he is an amazing character. The beach area also had new seating and overall the eye for detail is exceptional.
What is really nice about this location is that whist the food is great at the hotel if you are there for a few days you can wander off for a lunch spot further down the beach or a hot tip is the precariously located simple beach front restaurant in the northern corner of isola bella beach on bay over. (down the steps turn left).
We had an anniversary during our stay and they did not disappoint in remembering. I looking forward to returning and can’t think of a better place to feel at easy, spoilt and totally at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Bay of Mazzaro, the hotel boasts a prime position in the heart of Taormina's seaside district. It is perfectly positioned between verdant, subtropical gardens and the dazzling Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro