Our Junior Suite overlooked the beach from a lovely terrace where we breakfasted every morning. The bathroom had a bath and shower and separate toilet; there is also a walk-in wardrobe, a desk, small table and chairs and lounge seating area. Servicing of the room included floor washing and drying every day which impressed us for some reason! Turndown service in the evening. Altogether the hotel is spotless. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a terrace bar which also serves tea and coffee and is a very relaxing spot amongst the lovely hotel gardens and overlooking the sea. The courtesy bus is to the Sant'Andrea's sister hotel which is situated at the entrance to Taormina's main street, Corso Umberto, and beside the Greco-Roman theatre. It is also possible to walk to Taormina - a nice walk but uphill! - or take a chairlift. The hotel is in some ways very English - toast is served with the crusts removed!
The hotel's restaurant has a very good sommelier and the food is delicious though the 11 euro charge for a black coffee left us speechless and charging a 5 euro a head cover charge even though we were guests was, we felt, unreasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Bay of Mazzaro, the hotel boasts a prime position in the heart of Taormina's seaside district. It is perfectly positioned between verdant, subtropical gardens and the dazzling Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro