We have just returned from this hotel after 10 nights.
I have to say it was lovely, however if you are used to this level of hotel there may be a few things that you should be aware of, the rooms are small. We booked a classic room but in hindsight we should of booked a suite.
Our first room only had a shower and as I am broad shouldered I struggled to get in it! We brought this to their attention and they moved us the following day in to a room with a bath which was a lot better over all and the staff were wonderful about it.
The evening entertainment outside of the BBQ which had a wonderful trio of local singers and were wonderfully comical entertaining our dinner on the beech, however the usual entertainment was a gentleman who was a great host but his song choice was limited and very cheesy and I felt it lowered the class of the hotel.
We often took the trip to the Grand Timeo which was lovely and the entertainment, food and staff were very classy with wonderful views over Etna. The Sommelier added to the experience and always chose fantastic wines. Of which the Mille De Notte 1994 was the best of the holiday!
We spoke to may couples staying at the hotel and they were all disappointed with the hotel booking Da Ninos.... You will see on this site there is one at the number 3 spot, which is at the top of the cable car and to the left which is a wonderful Trattoria, however the hotel was intent in sending guests to a restaurant down the coast of the same name and from what we understand the food was poor in comparison.
The staff were wonderful and all great hosts adding to the occasion and couldn't do enough for us.
The pool is very small but lovely and tranquil with great views.
Overall we thought it was great value, with great food, wine, service and views.
Other restaurants to note outside of the hotel are Da Ninos for informal, Barronessa (Best steak I have ever had!) Antonios (Please book this yourself as there seems to be a few!) Metrolpole and of course the Grand Timeo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Bay of Mazzaro, the hotel boasts a prime position in the heart of Taormina's seaside district. It is perfectly positioned between verdant, subtropical gardens and the dazzling Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orient Express, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea By Orient-Express Hotel Mazzaro
- Hotel Sant Andrea
- Sant Andrea Hotel Taormina
- Sant'andrea Villa
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea Taormina, Sicily - Mazzaro