we were recently at shanti maurice (in november for 6 nights) for our honeymoon. if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing and comfortable vacation it is the perfect location. hotel facilities are great, staff is very polite, friendly and helping. there are no disturbing crowds or loud music etc. perfect privacy, just the sound of waves breaking at the reef barrier and birds. we were at the spa only once and it was fine. food and drinks at the restaurants are very good, the only negative comment I can make is we were on bed and breakfast and extras were a little bit expensive but when you compare to your overall stay it is worth it. fish and rum shack barbeque is very nice, great food and a nice evening experience with traditional dancers and coctails in a beautiful atmosphere by the beach. shanti maurice is located at the southern part of mauritius where it is the most secluded part away from too many tourist attractions and crowded resorts. but if you also wish to see those you can easily rent a car from the conierge and drive around the island. we rented a car one day and drove by the shore to the capital city port louis. we also took a catamaran tour full day, both days we had a really nice time. and we spent the rest of our honeymoon just relaxing and enjoying ourselves at this beautiful resort. definitely recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanti Maurice is a luxury lifestyle resort comprising 61 suites and 17 villas on the untouched south of Mauritius. The Nira Spa set in 75,000 sq feet of tropical gardens, provides traditional Indian Ayurveda and international spa treatments. Dining options include Stars, with contemporary Cape cuisine; Mauritian dishes and Wellness cuisine at Pebbles, or beach-side dining at The Fish and Rhum Shack. Shanti Maurice welcomes couples and families perfectly catering for weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shanti Maurice a Nira Hotel Chemin Grenier
- Shanti Ananda Maurice Mahebourg
- Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort Mauritius/Chemin Grenier