My husband and me have stayed 10 days in november in this beautiful resort for our honeymoon.. It has been a great stay but there is as well room for improvment.
When we checked in we were told that the hotel is full and we can't get our upgrade which is actually advertised in their catalogue. Despite that we did not want to ruin our honeymoon by disussing it with the agent at the desk. when they took us to our room the agent mentioned if you would like to complain about the room you are welcome to talk to the Managment about it which we decided to do at a later stage. The room was good with a nice little garden overlooking the sea. All over the room was clean but it looks like its time for some refurbishment as it seems to be a bit used up already. Still nothing to let you down i know i'm very picky in these things. We went for dinner right after and i have to say the food was great and the service was friendly and professional, we had Breakfast lunch and dinner in this restaurant. Despite this if i would stay for more than 2 weeks i think i would have had a problem with the variety of food but for the time we stayed it was great. Unfortunatley for us The special Rum shack bbQ was canceld due to rain during our stay but that can happen. The Spa is just great a bit on the pricey side but its worth it.
The Beach is amazing and walking around the whole resort makes you feel total relaxed.
After 7 days of stay we decided to talk to the managment about the issue with the upgrade and went to the reception to ask for the GM but they told us he is in a meeting only to see 1 min later that he is sitting by himself in the bar smoking a cigarette. i guess that is more important than talking to your guests. After this we did not try to talk to him again. Its definetley worth it to spend your honeymoon or vacation there , its a great place with great staff,we will go back for our anniversary one day , despite the little flaws which happened .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanti Maurice is a luxury lifestyle resort comprising 61 suites and 17 villas on the untouched south of Mauritius. The Nira Spa set in 75,000 sq feet of tropical gardens, provides traditional Indian Ayurveda and international spa treatments. Dining options include Stars, with contemporary Cape cuisine; Mauritian dishes and Wellness cuisine at Pebbles, or beach-side dining at The Fish and Rhum Shack. Shanti Maurice welcomes couples and families perfectly catering for weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shanti Maurice a Nira Hotel Chemin Grenier
- Shanti Ananda Maurice Mahebourg
- Shanti Maurice A Nira Resort Mauritius/Chemin Grenier