“60th Birthday Delight” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poste Lafayette
Coventry, United Kingdom
“60th Birthday Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Well what a fabulous holiday, Myself and a friend have just spent 12 Days and 10 Nights on a Half Board basis, sea view with balcony room, It was everything you could wish for, the cleanliness of rooms were brilliant, Food just amazing with such a selection (Being a non fish eater thought I may have a problem but no such thing such a wide variety). It was quiet just what I wanted coming from a city. The Gym was very well equipped with brand new equipment. and the Staff, well I have travelled to many countries but I think these are the most friendly an helpfull staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet. In summary I would highly recommend this hotel for its quiet luxury.

Room Tip: Sea View room 3107 Best choice. No outside noise, balcony looking over the sea, but no distance to w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
kevingovinden, Executive Assistant Manager at Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Julie P,

We thank you for choosing Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa for your 60th birthday. We are glad to read that we have been able to make your holiday a memorable one. Caring about specific guests’ food restriction, it is our priority to make you feel the most comfortable during your stay.

Your experience traveller review has been shared with the team members and will surely continue in the same direction for the future.

We are looking forward to have you with us again for your next holidays.

With our Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I had 9 days in this hotel in early February. Having used Centara hotels in Asia we were confident of good standards with great service and thats what we got. The beach was excellent and we spent all our time on the beach sun-beds and swimming in the sea. We were all inclusive which was a good decision as there is no where local to eat as the hotel is very isolated. Got a bit repetitive but the food was generally good with different buffets every night in the main restaurant and a small menu available from the 'beach' restaurant. Used the swimming pool only once and it was clean with plenty of surrounding sun-beds. The bedrooms were very functional but a little small (we stayed in the rooms range 2001 - 2010 which has direct access to the beach). As has been mentioned in a number of reviews the service throughout the hotel was superb and we will be back!

Room Tip: Would go for rooms 2101 to 2110 (ish) which were on the 1st floor of the block we stayed in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kevingovinden, Executive Assistant Manager at Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear NJS707,

We thank you for your fidelity to the Centara hotels and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your informative comment has a senior contributor will permit future travellers to understand better the North East region which is more isolated but such exclusive environment, no many hotels around.

Your comments have been shared with our team members from different services and will be very motivated to hear that they have contributed to your memorable stay.

Our Best Regards.
Moka, Moka, Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have spent only a week-end in a company of my friends and colleagues at this hotel. But this was one of the most relaxing week-ends!
The staff was very helpful in all areas of the hotel. You meet such a friendly staff when they feel very confident about the place they work in. People here are always taking a step forward to you with readiness to offer their service. After only a 24 hours stay I was feeling as if I was a part of their big family - I knew almost every staff by name and everybody knew me.
At the Reception area it is true - there is no area to sit and relax, but as soon as I wanted to settle in the small lobby for a little chat with my friends, a Restaurant staff came over to us with a smile and a suggestion to have a comfortable sit in a quiet area of the Restaurant, we have been offered a refreshing fruit juice.
The breakfast was almost too good for a small and simple hotel like that, the dinner was also surprisingly good. I must admit that the food is definitely one of the strongest points of this place. We have tasted the Mohito prepared as per secret formula of their bar tender - it is a must to taste!!!
I woke up very early in the morning next day and had a walk along the beach. The beach in front of the hotel is not so long, but add to this beach the accessible areas to the left and to the right and you will have a more than a kilometer long stretch of white sand for walking and jogging.
At 9am comes the staff with snorkeling equipment and offers the choice of palms and masks to everyone wishing to go for snorkeling. I must admit that the swimming area limited by floaters is toooo small and we have been advised by the hotel staff that we should remain within the swimming area... I am very fond of snorkeling and am not afraid of the ocean so I and some of my friends we where swimming in the area between the waterline and the coral reefs. As to me this was one of the best snorkeling sites I have ever been to in Mauritius. The weather was rather cloudy and the visibility under water was not that perfect, but still I could observe almost all reef fishes one can find around Mauritius. And when rare sun rays could reach the see bottom, the views where spectacular!!! lots of corals and herds of fishes of all colors and shape. If I would stay here for longer I would definitely buy a snorkeling gear for myself and would go into water as from very early hours.
One thing which needs a special word about - the SPA and the treatments. Firstly, I tried one massage - just for curiosity and for a little relaxation. What a surprise was that!!! My Thai massage was performed by a first class Thai therapist and that massage was again toooo good. I went for the second massage - Swedish and that was even better than the first one. My friends who came here for a 10 nights stay have enjoyed their first treatment and have booked a Spa package for 5 days: two treatments per day (total 90 minutes) for the total price 550 USD, which makes every individual treatment cost some 50 USD. This is a very good price for such a high quality service and treatment. I even think that Centara is worth coming for the spa package for the total rejuvenating. The room booking is a kind of add on to the Spa package. The room was the only disappointment - too small to be able to feel really comfortable. But I came to this place not to stay all the time in the room, my room was the place to sleep over, and the day was fool of activities and of pleasant discoveries. Since the room is not big I would recommend this accommodation for couples rather than families with children. Otherwise, I would book a separate room next door for my child.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Svetlana_Chimeea,

The management and our team members of Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa thank you for your very informative review. Your feedback has been shared with all the staff who has contributed for your nice week end with us.

You review will be a good advice for our future guests. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, so you can enjoy the Mohitos and to get spoil at our spa.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's a very recent hotel (opened in November 2012). Only 100 rooms so very quite.
It's east cost of the island, so wind and waves. Best place for a trip in December or January, less hot than in west coast, but weather bader in February or Marche than on the West coast.
Try to find you own driver or taxi if you want to exit from the hotel. Rates purpose by the hotel are very expensive. Same thong for the change, better to change in Flack.
Cooking is very good and often idian.
The kids club is very efficient and purpose activities from 9 am to 11pm. Our girl enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Try to have a room at the ground floor with a direct access to the sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eric L,

We thank you very much for your review and for your good advice. Following your comments, we have reviewed some dishes in the restaurant knowing that the Mauritian culinary is mostly coming from India, Asian, Creole and European cuisine.

We are glad to hear that your nine years old daughter has enjoyed the kids club and we have passed the message to Diane and Melanie from the mini club.

Looking forward to welcome you once again at Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa.

Grasse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

After some of the reviews we had read before, we were a little aprehensive. But we were very pleasantly surprised indeed.
True, the rooms are quite small and there is very little room to hang your clothes, but they are bright and clean with excellent bathroom facilities. I have rated the room 3 stars only because they are very small.
Our room was on the second line with a good view of the beach, and the patio was a complete joy.
The food was good and varied, and I can only imagine if some of the earlier reviews are to be believed, that the management took note and soon put the matter right, so no complaints there.

I cannot really understand how this hotel can be thought of being isolated. There is a bus service right outside of the hotel, that takes you to Flaque, where there is a bus station, and from which one can take a bus, amongst other places, to Port Louis, and from there to virtually any other place on the island. The buses are fine, and one can see so much more than in a taxi ( of which are also a number outside of the hotel )
As we were not sure what to expect, we only booked for 5 days, moving on to another hotel in Grand Baie afterwards. As things turned out, we wish we had booked for longer at the Centara.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

However, perhaps the following should be borne in mind. Swimming from the beach is not for children as there is a current, and I would say is suitable only for reasonably good swimmers.

One should also bear in mind that the 'Superior Mountain View Rooms' are on the othe side of the road to the main hotel, and I would not recommend them to persons of a certain age or those with children, as there is traffic ( albeit not a lot ) which as mentioned does include buses, and also a considerable flight of stairs which have to be climbed to the entrance. This most definitely is not suitable for young children. Having said that, the rooms are somewhat larger, even though the 'mountain view' is rather misleading, unless one has a telescope.

Very strangely,there is no lounge area in which to sit and relax, other than a few chairs alongside the restaurant, and this seems to be a glaring omission of design.

Tips.
If you need to do any shopping for drinks etc. take a bus into Flaque ( RS 50 return). Avoid the small hotel shop for souvenirs etc. This shop is a rip off! They have nothing you cannot buy in Flaque for a fraction of the price.
Best patios are on the ground floor. Most other floors do not have them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John M,

We thank you for your comments on trip advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us especially after reading the initial reviews posted during the opening period. Your positive feedback have been shared with Centara team members, your suggestion are very important for us. We confirmed already that a lounge area will be created at the bar to make it cosier. We do now have a swimming zone which we advised all the guests to swim with its limit, as the sea can be rough from time to time.

Again we thank you for choosing Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa for your holidays and hoping to welcome you back again at the resort.

Our Best Regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful week end of Jan with two of our best friends, yes it was a bit remote, further from airport than stated in brochure and compact and bijou rooms but the hospitality by the hotels staff more than made up for this thanks to Kevin the manager Small the barman Sunill and Jim in the Aqua 180 bar and restaurant. Lovely memories in this cold Feb now back home.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
kevingovinden, Executive Assistant Manager at Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Ingrid P,

The management and the staff members thank you for your positive comment. We are pleased to read that the hotel staff especially the one mentioned contributed to your memorable stay with us.
Having the opportunity to meet you personally it was a real pleasure to talk to you and your friends during your stay.

We are all looking forward to welcome you again for another escape from the cold season of Europe.

Taplow UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have just spent ten days at this hotel. We found the staff friendly, always smiling and extremely helpful. The rooms are a little small and the hanging space also small, but that was the only negative. The swimming pool is a good size. The fact that it is in the middle of nowhere did not bother us. The spa, although a little expensive, is beautifully equipped. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
Norma and Mike UK

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
kevingovinden, Executive Assistant Manager at Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa Mauritius, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Norma and Mike,

We thank you for your recent review and your feedbacks have been shared with all our staff members. Our rooms are a little small especially if you are on the ground floor. We seize this opportunity to suggest to future travellers to book the upper floor rooms which are a bit bigger with Romeo & Juliette balcony, as for the ground floor do have a nice and cosy terrace.

Your comments are important for us and we look forward to welcome you again at the resort.

Our Best Regards

Been to Centara Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa Mauritius? Share your experiences!