Exactly a week ago we left this very lovely hotel. In essence, the hotel staff really make this place. They are very attentive and friendly and given any opportunity cannot do enough for you. Richard the hotel manager genuinely care's about his staff (which was lovely to see) and it's clear that he pride's himself on offering guests the best possible care. This passion for customer service has filtered all the way down to the other managers, the reception and restaurant staff and finally the cleaners/maintenance staff - truly excellent particularly for a small 4* hotel.
The rooms are very pleasant (particularly the sea facing ones although the others look a very pretty well maintained garden) and I recommend 316 in particular which was gorgeous - it has its own terrace for sunbathing as well as a balcony. We thought it was definitely the best in the hotel and we were really looked after as they knew it was our delayed honeymoon/first wedding anniversary (thank you Richard for making sure we were 100% happy!).
The food was really great, especially the Indian and Mauritian food which was delicious (and which we're really missing now we're back!). If you can go all inclusive I recommend it. I thought it was great value and the juices, beer, wine and cocktails were fab.
The hotel only has sixty rooms so it's very quiet (perfect for honeymoon or getting away from it all). The hotel was well situated for a boat trip to Isle du Cerf and also Flaq if you wanted a little trip to the local market. Mauritian people are lovely and hopefully we will return. I must confess there were a few tears when we left the hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Jalsa Beach Hotel And Spa - Mauritius
- Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius Poste Lafayette
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the gentle shores of the Indian Ocean, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa overlooks a turquoise lagoon with stunning mountain scenery. Found along the North East coast of the tropical island of Mauritius, at Poste Lafayette, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is the perfect choice for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.