My wife and I stayed at Jalsa beach Resort in Jul,12 for 6 nights. This resort is situated in the eastern coast of Mauritius. It is quite far from the main city area - like any other hotels/resorts around the beach area. They claim to have a beach of their own - but one cannot call it a beach. It is an extension of the sea around which the hotel is situated on one side and other side to be the main sea. There is not much to do at this resort apart from boating and swimming. The pool is decent and the bar attached the pool has some drinks to offer but is expensive compared to the cost outside. There are multiple places to visit in Mauritius and better plan for car before than deciding to go out to any place as you might face problems in taking the bus route - which is not frequent. Since we went through travel agent, all our trips were pre-planned and hence we did not face this issue. The buffet section in the restaurant has good varieties and one may not have issues with the food. The staffs are slightly sluggish in nature and not open to support guests much with their needs - management needs to look into this and better the service - especially with behaviors. Overall, nice stay. Choose for the rooms closer to the pool side as you might get the free internet connectivity sitting in your balcony since at the pool side bar this service can be availed by all guests. Do try the scuba diving which is available from the hotel through external agency ( from Pady ) at extra charge. It is worth trying. Of course bargain or they will take you for a ride !It has a glass boat but more than often the boat is non-functional. Pleasant stay overall and enjoyed the stay as well .
- Also Known As:
- Jalsa Beach Hotel And Spa - Mauritius
- Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius Poste Lafayette
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the gentle shores of the Indian Ocean, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa overlooks a turquoise lagoon with stunning mountain scenery. Found along the North East coast of the tropical island of Mauritius, at Poste Lafayette, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is the perfect choice for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.