We returned to the Jalsa for another 3 week stay, again in November travelling with Mercury Direct on an all inclusive deal. Once more we had a superb time. Little had changed. The gardens, swimming pool and hotel continue to be immaculately kept and if anything, the food was better.
This is a small, tranquil hotel on the side of a turquoise lagoon in one of the prettiest , quieter parts of Mauritius. Come to chill out, not to party every night, though some of the infrequent entertainment was way better than OK, especially Jean-Luc, a singer/guitarist . Anyway, it’s hard to beat sitting in the poolside bar chatting over a whisky and coffee after supper. And as far as we are concerned, the 10pm all inc. cut-off time helps preserve the ambiance.
Things to do: stroll along the beach in either direction (bliss), catch the bus into Centre de Flacq for the Wednesday market, hire a car, take a speedboat trip, try a massage at the spa, but given the chance, don’t miss the horse racing in Port Louis on a Saturday. Go early, check out the fish and vegetable market, lunch by the harbour, then on to the racecourse at Champs de Mars. It’s a spectacular setting and the atmosphere is electric. You’ll be amazed at the sheer quality of the whole experience, particularly the horses. A taxi from the front of the hotel will set you back just over £40 for the day, so sharing helps.
Lastly, the management and staff. These are the hotel’s greatest strength. You could not meet friendlier or more helpful people. Sanjay, the General Manager and Richard, the Operations Manager, should be proud of the working environment they have created.
Sunita kept our room pristine, while Annan, Dhiren and Prakash behind the bar kept our glasses full. The staff in the restaurant were great fun and took care to ensure we were being well looked after. Nothing was too much trouble.
Thanks to all of you at the Jalsa Beach for a second, great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the gentle shores of the Indian Ocean, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa overlooks a turquoise lagoon with stunning mountain scenery. Found along the North East coast of the tropical island of Mauritius, at Poste Lafayette, Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa is the perfect choice for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalsa Beach Hotel And Spa - Mauritius
- Jalsa Beach Hotel & Spa - Mauritius Poste Lafayette