We first came to the Kantary Bay/Cape Panwa resort in Phuket in 1999 and have been coming back on a regular basis ever since. On our few visits we stayed in the Cape Panwa Hotel and it was whilst we were staying there we learnt about it's sister hotel the Kantary Bay Hotel just over the other side of the hill and the fact that you are allowed to use all the facilities in both hotels plus the free minibus that runs every ten minutes to and fro the hotels.
For value you just can't beat the Kantary Bay Hotel. From the moment you are met at the airport the staff will try thier utmost to help you in every way and with the biggest smiles I have seen. On arrival at the hotel you will be met again at reception with a beautiful smile and you can immediately feel your body going into the relax and wind down mode as you sip a cool drink and have room service take your suitcases..
The one bedroom apartments are amazing consisiting of your bedroom, bathroom and shower room, lounge area, dining area and a small kitchen which consisted of a double ring hob, microwave oven, rice cooker, fridge freezer and our room even had a washing machine it was great. We also had a large balcony with a fantastic view over the bay which gave amazing sunsets most nights. Breakfast is also included and has an excellent choice set in a lovely restaurant.
The hotel has two swimming pools with one of them being on the roof top and again the views are spectacular. Everything from the swimming pools down to the toilets are immaculately clean but of course with the hotel being in the tropics you will see some ghecko's scurrying and insects flying about. The only thing you need to do is put some mosquito repellent on in the evenings, oh and don't forget your sun tan lotion you will need that when you are laid on the fantastic beach at Cape Panwa.
The beach is beautiful and it really is paradise with it's soft white sand and palm trees and totaly private. You won't get pestered by people trying to sell you trinkets or trips. There are plenty of sunloungers and umbrellas It has the bamboo bar that sells food and drink and further down the beach the original Panwa House that serves meals in the evenings in this delightful romantic setting.
The food in the hotels is excellent especially the theme nights in the Cape Panwa Hotel and then afterwards a relaxing drink in the 'Lighthouse' bar or 'Piano' bar. The Cape Panwa hotel has a resident band. Next to the Kantary Bay Hotel is 'Uncle Nans' restaurant which serves excellent food. I also likes the fact that you don't need to carry any money with you as you can sign for everything in both hotels. Then every few days nip to reception and check on your bill.
There are a few restaurants in the local area and a bar just around the corner. There are no noisy disco's or night clubs and that only adds to the beauty of this place. During the day you can totally relax in the peace and quiet and in the eveing have a nice relaxing meal and a drink. If you want a bit more life, no problem. You just simply book a seat on the hotel minibus and within 40 minutes you will be drinking and dancing in more disco's and nightclubs than you'll be able to walk around in the amazing night life of Patong. It has hundreds of Bars and Restaurants and the famous 'Bangla Road' with it's famous night life, well worth a visit.
If you want a day off from sun bathing there are plenty of actvities to do and see around Phuket Island. Back in Kantary Bay you can have a massage in the local area or dip your feet in a tank of fish and have them nibble away at your feet for just £3.50 for 45 mins and not £35 as charged in the UK. Or simply sit down, relax and just people watch.
The fact that we and lots of other couples keep coming back says it all. Last trip we even met people we've met on previous trips. I 100% recommend this hotel and it's wonderful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa