The hotel is at the far south of the Island so be prepared to travel a little if you want to do trips or even get in to town. I chose this hotel for this exact reason, i did not want the tourist noise and tat shops like in Patong or south Pattaya (which i have been to both so i can judge)
On arrival there was a quick check in with a cold drink and cold flannel to freshen you up which is pretty standard in Thailand but greatly appreciated.
The room was a very good size with a sea view and descent balcony. The bathroom was also of good size with a seperate bath and shower unit. The kitchen was a normal small self catering type unit, microwave oven, duel electric hob, toaster, kettle and a sink. All kitchen ware suplied. The balcony we had was big enough for the 2 of us with a table and 2 chairs. The living room/TV area was cumfortable and the sofa was very wide. I managed a few afternoon naps on the sofa as it was very comfy. There are a few UK film channels as well as BBC news.
There is a safe in the wardrobe which you can programme yourself but its not huge. The wardrobe was good for our few clothes and shoes. The area with the beds is plenty big enough. I had a twin room as i was traveling with my brother and the beds are inbetween a single and double. To be honest, the beds are probably ther most comfortable beds i have had while traveling.
Breakfast was what i expected, Not great but good enough. I do not have milk when im away (im just fussy) but there are several cereals to choose from an assortment of fresh fruits, breads and pastries with your normal Tea & Coffee. The hot food was home made baked beans (not good) chicken sausage (i didnt try) fried potato's which where ok, Crispy bacon which would of been fine if it was hot, normal soft bacon which again would be fine if it was hot and an omlette station. The omlettes where what we had every morning with toast and HP sauce. Dairy and ham in Thailand is extremely expensive so to have an omlette station with cheese and ham is very good. there is also a fried rice and a Noodle selection which where nice but sometimes a little too heavy for me.
The swiming pool on the roof has nice views and you get a lovely cool breeze. The main pool near reception was very nice with plenty of chairs and shaded areas. towls are available from both pool areas but in off season (not sure about peak season) there is no drink service so take something with you.
The gardens are small but very tidy and looked after every day. There are benches around a small fountain which is in the centre of the garden.
The hotel has an on site shop which is very reasonable considering its location. there is not much you cant get in there and i found it to be very handy.
The coffee shop is also part of the hotel. though i did not have any drinks or food in there i did have a few ice creams, Its italian style but its not really as good. Im only saying that because i was in Italy 6 weeks before Thailand and it was still fresh in my memory.
There are tours available from the tour desk in reception, These i found to be really expensive but i know some people are happier buying there tours from the hotel.
There is a free shuttle to the sister hotel and you can use everything there for free (excluding the spa) The san is stunning, its more like talc but the water though warm and clear does have a lot of rock and broken coral so watch your feet.
There is also a shuttle in to Phuket town costing 200B but there is also a local bus from the Aquarium which is only 30B, i will let you do the Math.
The shuttle in to Patong is 400B but i would save your Baht unless you like the idea of a Thai Benidorm. Sorry but i have always loved Thailand and places like that boil my blood.
The hotel is getting old so do not expect a new luxury hotel. the grout in the tiles needs sanding back a bit and there is paint drips in places but who cares? if you want luxury then pay for it! if you want a very comfortable hotel in a great location then this is perfect.
I would rather pay for this hotel and use the facilities at the sister hotel then pay the extra several hundred to stay at the sister hotel. The other hotel might be a little bit smarter but its not going to make me sleep an better!
Now for the down side. The hotel is used for one night guests that are on trips. We found that they turn up between 8 and 11 then make a lot of noise. The people in our building occupied several rooms on the floor and instead of knocking on doors to speak to people they shouted down the coriddor. Doors where slammed a lot andTV's where loud. I did make a complaint to reception and they got there rep to phone them. The noise did stop, i know people like to have fun on holiday but a little respect for others does not cost a thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa