A Kantarian is not a character from Star Trek it is a confirmed guest at the Kantary Bay Hotel. The Hotel stands at the base of a ridge back hill forming a promentry. On one side is the previously reviewed Cape Panwa Hotel on the other is the sister hotel The Kantary Bay. Financial necessety drove the decision to change hotel but it is not one I will ever regret. We paid less than £400 for 15 nights bed and Breakfast through Alpharooms and whilst the rooms are not as luxourious as the Cape Panwa Hotel they are superb value for money and very spacious. Walking into the Studio room you have the bath room to one side and a kitchenette on the othe featuring microwave toaster kettle cups plates and utensiles.. Moving forward there is a "living" area with couch , chair and tv unit complete with flat screen TV and media unit. You drop down two stairs to a "sleeping" area featuring a double bed wardrobe and dresing table. The whole thing is set off by sliding patio doors onto the balcony.
The Kantary Hotel shares all the facilities with the Cape Panwa so the private beach , resturant and bars come within your compass.
The Hotel caters for retirees so we bump into many people we have met in previous years. You can book an off season month for around £550 which includes bed/breakfast, transfers and a weekly trip into Phuket town to do shopping and banking etc.
The jewel in crown is the roof top pool on the Bay Wing. The palce is only enhabitable after 4pm when the sun is going down and it is getting cooler unless youn want to sunbathe in baking heat.
In the Cape Panwa review I have extolled the virtues of the local "Mom and Pop" resturants that flurish around the Hotel. To this list I now need to add "On The Beach" and Sabai Sabai (2) which is on the main road into the resort as oposed to Sabai Sabai (1) which is on the hill between the Hotels.
In Summary this is a fantastic holiday makers hotel. As a holiday maker I want to sleep, dress and get ready to go out when on holiday so certain standards need to be met. The Kantary meets all my requirements at half the price of the Cape. If you want a luxury room go to the Cape I recommend it, if you want a comfortable room to prepare to go to the beach and get ready to go out at night for food and drink the Kantary ticks all the boxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kantary Bay Hotel is a charming seafront property within a short ten to fifteen minutes drive from Phuket town. This is a hotel with a difference; following a new trend that is becoming more and more preferred around the world, each room makes the most of its surroundings, breaking away from the traditional "standard" hotel room design to offer you a unique hotel experience. Kantary Bay Hotel offers spacious, fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites. Each room type is furnished with a living room, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. You will find terra cotta tiles and wooden floors instead of the usual carpet. We also provide our guests with full facilities including a fitness room, swimming pools, scenic gardens, reading lounges and more. And of course the service is impeccable, after all The Kantary Bay Hotel is the sister hotel of the world renowned Cape Panwa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kantary Bay, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay Hotel Phuket
- Kantary Bay Cape Panwa
- Kantary Bay, Phuket Cape Panwa