“The best part about Phuket” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sri Panwa Phuket

You added Sri Panwa Phuket to your Saves list
Sri Panwa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Moo. 8, Sakdidej Road | Tambon Vichit, Muang Phuket, Cape Panwa, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Special Deal
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“The best part about Phuket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Sri Panwa was a breath of fresh air in the crazy Phuket. The best thing about the resort was the remote location located about 30 minutes out of Patong but if you wanted to go into town the cabs were so cheap. The staff were super friendly but we did experience a few language barriers but it was fine. The rooms are luxury to the max, with ocean views, infintity pools all the trimmings and a massive spa bath it was incredible. We ate at the hotel alot food isn't Thailand cheap but it's cheaper than a meal out in Sydney thats for sure. Make sure to visit the tennis courts, day spa and take advantage of the water sports. It's an expensive stay but worth it for a truley relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an infinity pool it adds to the experience!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sri panwa.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon.
General Manager, Sri panwa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went here on honeymoon, and what should be a once in a lifetime trip is not something that you want to take lightly, expecting the hotel to deliver on every level. Sri Panwa does this.

This isn't a resort that you go to that you will be surrounded by men in football shirts, rowdy families or sunburned people getting drunk, but rather a place that exudes dignity and class. Let's start with the rooms.

Our villa had a wrap around infinity pool, as well as a sunken seating area, separate lounger area and outdoor whirlpool spa bath that all felt connected to the environment. Inside there are a number of really nice touches that show the attention to detail that this place strives for, such as books, mosquito spray, back scratchers, adapter plugs, jenga, fresh fruit (lychees are now a favourite), Bose sound system throughout (including outside) with iPod provided, a steam room and shower, complementary drinks and snacks, restocked daily and a separate dressing room. We found the bed hard, mentioned it to the manager at breakfast and, by the time we had finished and gone back to our room, the bed had been sorted with toppers, remade and covered in petals. That kind of attention to detail and service means a lot.

The hotel is removed from the centre of things, but the food on offer deals very well with the international crowd that seem to come here. You will find Thai, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Western and Malaysian dishes at the restaurant in the main pool club area, and a very good Thai restaurant lower down the hill. You will not get bored with the choice on offer, whether that be for lunch or dinner, and after nine days we still had not repeated any food choices.

The resort straddles the peninsula, with rooms on either the sunrise or sunset side, and at the top of the resort, at the end of the road at the highest point is Baba Nest, with its fantastic roof deck, itself surrounded by a wrap around infinity pool on three sides, on which you can sit of large cushions, enjoy the sun going down and drink cocktails into the night in the warm. You need to book for each day, but we did this on a few nights and can say that it is really peaceful, especially if you are on honeymoon.

Let me also say a word about the staff. There are a lot of hotels in Phuket, and there are a large number that are opening up later this year, particularly at the high end, but I don't know where they are going to get their staff from, so I would question their service. I can say that the staff at Sri Panwa are excellent, managed superbly by Oliver, the general manager there. The staff take the time to know your name, they know your room and they are friendly, yet also discreet. You get the feeling that you are among friends, that they really care about your stay and want to make it the best that they can be for you. On that level, a very difficult thing to get right, they do this perfectly.

This is a small resort, but it never feels full, even when it is. Booking is not a problem, the attention to detail does not drop, and having tuk tuk's always available, 24/7, to ferry you around, means that nothing need be out of reach, even though the resort has some steep hills, as you would expect on a hill on a peninsula.

Breakfast is very good, and I would recommend the banana pancakes. The hotel gives a full range of breakfast options for its international guests, whether they be curry and rice for Asians, cereals, patisseries and toast with preserves for the westerners, and fresh fruit. There is also a full range of charcuterie, including smoked salmon for those that prefer it, and an a la carte menu for dishes such as eggs benedict with truffles, waffles, eggs to order or pancakes. My only suggestion is that they put out more cutlery as nobody wants to eat fruit with the same fork they ate eggs with, but I am nit picking (I would also suggest that they chance the music more often as I swear I could sing all the songs by the end of the trip - "bosa nova...")

The spa was really pleasant, and I'm generally not a spa guy. The woman that gave me a massage was tiny, but blimey, she was a strong lady! My wife also loved the treatments she had, as well as taking some of the classes they run, so we have no complaints there.

The hotel can also organise a number of trips for you. We took the day out in a long-tail Thai boat, with a captain that took us fishing and then on to a small beach for snorkelling and sunbathing. You aren't going to catch marlin doing that, but it was perfect for what we wanted while on honeymoon. I also golfed there, which is something else that the hotel can help you with, playing a memorable par three in the process that had a 70 metre drop from tee to green, over lush plants. I am sure the hotel can guide you in your choice of course, so just pack your golf shoes and rent the clubs. Finally, we also took advantage of the cookery school there, learning how to make massaman curry and Phad Thai, with a private lesson given by one of their top chefs. If you have tried their massaman curry, you'll understand!

I could go on and on. We generally do not go back to hotels, but we will go back here in the next couple of years as we don't see any point in trying other hotels in the area when the standard of service and guest experience is so strong. This is a high-end hotel, with high-end guests, including the likes of Saudi royalty and the Prime Minister of Malaysia, staying there the same time as us. If you are going to Phuket, and if you can afford the price point, I would urge you to try this hotel. Well done to the staff, well done to Oliver and thanks for a great honeymoon.

Room Tip: You need to check as to whether you want a sunrise or sunset room. In truth, the sun will not be se...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I cannot thank you enough for this awesome review. Your review means a lot to the entire team including myself. It is a great motivation for all of us here at Sri panwa.
I am looking very much forward to your next visit.
With warmest regards
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've visited Sri Panwa in June 2013 with my GF, it is my first time there and I chose 1-bedroom ocean view pool villa for 2 nights. Sri Panwa is locate at the Southern part of Phuket that can take about 40 mins from airport.

After we arrived at the reception building, there was no staff there and there is no sign to show that the reception is at downstair. We had to ask security guard, he is also not sure where is the reception, anyway he asked someone else via Walkie-Talkie and told us to go downstair. No one help us on our bag. The check-in part destroyed the first impression, however after that all staffs's doing their best to service every customer.

The villa is good, big pool, Bose sound system, comfortable bed, dozen of snacks and soft drink without charge. However we did not sleep well because the wind was too strong and make a noisy sound during the night.

We have tried 2 restaurants during the trip. If you would like to try Thai Food, BABA Soul Food has an excellence quality of Thai food to serve you. I'd ordered half portion of shrimp fried rice and after I finished the first one, it's very delicious, so I ordered the second half portion of fried rice and was very full that night. The Sunken Deck at BABA Pool Club is great too, both location and food quality.

Baba Nest has stunning view of Panwa Cape, recommend to go up there.

The private beach is not nice.

Spa is superb, nice room, excellence service with the promotion. We felt comfortable and asleep during the treatment.

After came back we felt like our energy isn't fully recharge, don't know why..T_T

Room Tip: Sea View Villa is recommend.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us and for your great feedback. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.
Thank you also for your very constructive and helpful feedback on the check in experience. I am following up with the reception team to ensure that we do meet and welcome every guest even before entering the reception building.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future
With kind regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the airport it took a bit of time in the taxi to reach resort, however, once we arrived and drove up the long driveway you could tell you had been taken to a totally secluded piece of paradise.

The hotel is so impressive, but not over the top. Its classy and sophisticated yet totally cool with its own style. The staff are friendly and always on hand to assist.

The villas are phenomenal, I actually had to pinch myself that I was staying in a place that amazing. My private pool wrapped around my bedroom and there was plenty of areas to lounge about during the day. The views from the room were just superb. I particularly loved the outdoor shower and bath.

It was hard to get myself out of the villa but when I did the rest of the resort was just as amazing. The pool area is stunning and such a fun pool club vibe with the staff and set-up. I enjoyed many glasses of white wine at the pool club.

And for when I wasn't being lazy and lounging around, the gym and tennis courts were great.

This resort is totally unique with a class and style of its own. I am so impressed with what they have done and would love to go back again with some friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing us. I am very happy to read that we you had such a great time with us. We all appreciate that you took the time to share your wonderful feedback.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you want to visit us again with your friends.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

i wish i can go back again take my family to wonderful place with friendly services and take a deep breath there.
i really enjoy with pontoon , deep blue sea and clear sky.
Your food is delicios even i had test only breakfast.
and i would love to say thank you so much for your nice people ,they smile all the time ,talk with polite, pleasure to service.
This is the best hotel for me now i have a great time with you,sripanwa.

• Stayed July 2013
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for this fantastic review. I have shared your wonderful feedback with the entire team.
All of us hope you will be back soon.
With best regards
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at Sri Panwa in 2011. It was just perfect, beautiful, one of the best places I have ever stayed at!
The Villa was amazing: own patio, pool around the villa, great view, outside shower and jacuzzi, steambath... The service was also very nice. Even though we slept in in the morning and missed the breakfast they still served us.
If I had the money, I would stay there every year.

Room Tip: Pool Villa
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oliver_Schnatz, General Manager at Sri Panwa Phuket, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing us. It seems that we managed to leave a lasting impression, as you have stayed a while ago but still find the time to write and post your review. If there is anything I can do for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. Our team at the front desk will be happy to connect you to my office.
We look very much forward to welcome you back soon.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Flew in for the long weekend, could definitely have stayed longer. Amazing resort built on a cliff which gives you stunning views of the Andaman Sea. Stayed in a 2-bedroom pool villa which separated the rooms on 2 floors. Floor-to-glass windows surrounding the master bedroom and doors that opened into the pool, perfect for a morning dip :) The second bedroom came with a balcony albeit without a view. The living room (also with doors that open into the pool) is tastefully decorated, it was great just to chill on the v large couch spanning a quarter of it! Would have liked to at least skim through more of the books & magazines they provided too had we had more time. There is also an outdoor tub by the pool and lounge chairs again fronting the Andaman. Lots of complimentary snacks & drinks in the villa which we could hardly finish!

Really liked the decor at the resort, however, food was average (apart from the homemade coconut ice cream which we all enjoyed at Baba Soul Food) and the dinner we had outside the resort one evening was much cheaper. Having said that, the vibe & more importantly the views we enjoyed at Sri Panwa definitely overcame that point! Service was friendly & attentive if not a bit slow at times during breakfast - our orders were also mixed up on two occasions. Overall we were pleased with the service and as a side note the resort also has staff cleaning up your villa twice a day which was convenient as we often needed towel replenishing post-pool!

Breakfast is served at Baba Poolclub (loved the rocking chairs!) and has an incredible view. The infinity pool at Baba Poolclub was gorgeous and makes for a v refreshing dip after breakfast or actually at any time during the day :) The beach pool is smaller but also has a fantastic view and the staff on hand was so helpful! Baba Nest is must-go for sunset spotting - complete panoramic views of the Andaman and perfect just to chill at. Spa was nice and the aromatic thai-oil massage soothed any aching muscles I had!

The resort is located about an hour away from the airport which is far I suppose compared with those located along Mai Khao/Nai Yang beach but the views are very much worth it! Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this very detailed and positive review. The entire team is very happy to learn that you did have a very memorable stay with us.
Your comment in regards to the food has been well noted and will be discussed in detail with the culinary team. Please accept my apologies that the breakfast orders were a bit slow when you visited us. Our revised breakfast buffet is being launched this week which will help to avoid any mix up of the food orders.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future
With kind regards
Oliver Schnatz

Been to Sri Panwa Phuket? Share your experiences!