We booked a 4 day 3 night stay at this wonderful resort after having heard so much about it from our friends, and it did not disappoint. To summarise what we thought was great about the hotel:
(1) Great hospitality from the hotel staff - you can't get any more helpful or polite than the staff at Sri Panwa
(2) The sunset viewed from the top of Baba Nest is probably the most perfect sunset you could ever wish for - if you are planning a trip to Sri Panwa, you MUST absolutely make a booking at the Baba Nest for the sunset. We were very lucky on our trip as there was a full moon at the same time as the sunset, so on one side we had the fiery red sun melting away into the horizon leaving a reddish/purple hue in the sky, and on the other side was the cool blue moon lighting up the sea beneath it.
(3) Great rooms - we were upgraded to a One Bedroom Family Suite which was just perfect - private pool, deck chairs, outside shower, free wifi, refillable minibar and espresso machine, an abundance of towels, etc (just check the website out for a floor plan) - the best part was waking up to the breathtaking views of the sea every morning, and depending on which room/villa you are in you could catch the sunset as well. The only detail which I thought was missing was extra pillows on the bed (there were only 2) and the absence of a men's shaving set.
(4) Food - we were very impressed at the quality of the food served at the Baba Poolclub, especially the non-Thai selection. Although the high prices are reflective of the hotel's standards (a typical main would cost 500-600 baht, drinks were about 200-300), we decided that this was cheaper than paying the taxi charges to Patong or Phuket town + dinner outside. Quality was very good, notables which we had were the pizzas, sushi and the pita burgers. Breakfast was very very good too, it was a selection of thai and continental. Couple of things on the menu worth trying is the Thai milk tea ice cream and the Phuket style soy bean milk. (Afterthought: we would have tried everything on the menu if we could, there were some other very interesting choices as well)
(5) Long tail boat excursion to Coral Island - on one of the days we decided to book an island hopping tour with one of the agents outside of Sri Panwa (you can find them on the street directly outside). To say it was disappointing would be an understatement - the beaches we were taken to were seriously overflowing with tourists and it felt very rushed hopping from one spot to another. The hotel offers a private long tail boat to the nearby Coral Island, we paid a discounted price of 2500 baht for the boat. It departs from the pier just outside Sri Panwa, so you don't waste any time travelling to a larger pier which could be about 30-45 mins away. The hotel equips the boat with large pillows to lie on, towels, snorkeling gear and also an ice box with bottled water - nice touch! The boatman will also wait for you until you are done, so there is no rush. The quiet beach on Coral Island was a welcomed breather from the busyness of the main islands, so we were very happy with our decision. The hotel also offers private boat trips (doesn't come cheap though) if you are looking to avoid the crowds and rigidness of the operated tours
We didn't utilise any of the spa treatments (though we were very tempted to) but we did enjoy a complementary yoga session. It took place on a little deck in the Cool Spa overlooking the ocean, definitely a great experience. Even if you're not having a spa session at Cool Spa, its worth checking out the zen architecture of the place.
One last point - it is worth checking with the hotel on the type of villa or room you are booking. The ocean view is dependent on how high up the room/villa is, and whether it faces east (for sunrise) or west (for sunset). I'm not too sure about this, but I believe the hotel uses the views from its best or most expensive villas on its website, so you should definitely double check what you have booked so that you can manage your expectations!
- Also Known As:
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel
- Sri Panwa Cape
- Sri Panwa Hotel Cape
- Sri Panwa Phuket Cape Panwa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri panwa is a luxury pool villa hotel located on the southeastern tip of Phuket. We are a mixed development,housing both one- and two-bedroom hotel pool villas and a selection of larger, distinctive residential homes.Hidden in more than 80 rai of undisturbed rain- forest and overlooking the Andaman ocean from more than 60 meters above sea level, our villas are truly spectacular creations. Each villa has been custom-designed to suit the topography of Cape Panwa. Many of our villa possess both sunriseand sunset views over the glistening Phuket. Hotel villas are completely private and very sexy, with infinity-edge swimming pools wrapped seamlessly around glass-enclosed bed- rooms. Wake up next to your companion, open the glass sliding doors and dive into the pool for a short swim - maybe at the outdoor sala where breakfast awaits. In the mood for a romantic evening? Order dinner in the villa, cozy up your partner on your sprawling sofa-bed and let our state-of-the-art entertainment system take over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sri Panwa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.