“Total relaxation in a tropical paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

You added Cape Panwa Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Panwa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Mu 8, Sakdidej Road, Cape Panwa, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Canberra, Australia
“Total relaxation in a tropical paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We have not long returned from our second stay at Cape Panwa. We had spent the previous 3 weeks seeing other parts of Thailand with a reasonably full on itinerary and had decided a relaxing time on the beach at Panwa would be a perfect finish to our holiday. I admit to wondering if my wonderful memories of our stay the year before were exaggerated as that had been our first holiday in an extremely long time. But no it was just as we remembered. Friendly staff, nothing is too much trouble, spotless rooms, beautiful gardens, a peaceful private beach and great food. This hotel has an ambience that is hard to describe but I am sure it is why it has so many returning guests.

We spent our stay mainly lying on the beach with a few day tours thrown in. Everything we needed was close by…other restaurants, massages, small supermarket and an atm. The hotel provides mini vans to Patong and Phuket Town for a reasonable price (in fact another couple paid exactly what the hotel charged to go into town after haggling with a local taxi driver).
Added fun extras were the shuttle bus that runs over the hill to the village regularly, the tram to the beach, happy hours, the resident monkey who I finally met this year as he was having his breakfast at the beach cafe and watching an amazing variety of ships pass by including a huge cruise ship that actually did a U turn in front of us so it could reverse into the pier around the corner (it was totally silent, I didn’t realise it was even there until I saw people taking photos!) I must also add a trip to the Cape Spa is a must, atmosphere and care brilliant. I also had one of the best haircuts ever there, the hairdresser was so excited when I told her to cut my hair short.
So if you want total relaxation in a beautiful setting with caring staff I highly recommend Cape Panwa.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Stayed at Cape Panwa for 8 days in July 2009. Great Place. rooms very good with great views. Beach was great with plenty of chairs and snorkling at high tide. also included a free trip to coral island which was a good break. Staff were all very friendly and resort was being upgraded all the time. Fantastic late checkout area where you are really looked after.
Free bus to other side of hill. (big hill between hotel and main road). Local resteraunts near hotel and at end of bus ride. Will go again. Also included free 10 min spa and free welcome beer or wine.

shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Couldn't fault this hotel it was clean, well presented and had excelent staff. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed at with a very calming atmosphere. The views were to die for and everywhere was very clean. I didn't witness any litter or rubbish in the hotel or on their beach.
There has been comments about Tim only bothering with second plus time visitors and all I can say from my experience is that he was great with us. All the staff were so keen to please.
Breakfast was of good choice and they let my children take food back to the room with no hesitation. We did not eat in the hotel at night as we found it a bit expensive. Most of the time we ate at the Sawasdee at the bottom of the hill. The food was excellent and five of us was eating and drinking for £20 which we thought was very reasonable.
We had some clothes made at Paul's the first tailors as you step out of the hotel and I must admit we were impressed with the quality. I had a beautiful silk dress made and my husband had a suit and coat made.
I don't often return to places but I think this will be an exception as it was so beautiful and if it's good enough for the likes of L D Caprio, Catherine Zeta Jones and Brian Adams to name but a few then that should tell you what this place is like.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My brother and i travelled to Thailand to relax also as part of my brother's present to me as a stag-do. it was just the two of us and we wanted to see all the tourist things on our first trip to Thailand. we settled on paying a little more to stay at this hotel and we're so glad that we did. they were renovating parts of the hotel which never affected us and yet we had free food and drink during the dinner period and breakfast was included anyway. the hotel was large and spread out nicely with a really good selection of restaurants from cheap to dear. there were happy hours at different times in the evening so you could certainly enjoy yourself. part of our holiday deal was a few spa treatment each and when we arrived to the hotel because of the renovating works we received 2 more free treatments so the customer satisfaction here is just superb.

the location of this hotel is perfect if you want a resort only holiday although on any activity that you wished to do outside on the island you would get picked up for of which we did several. our longest journey was up to the Northern section near phang-nga to see James Bond island. overrated really but worth a look.

we ate here several times during the morning, day and night and whichever restaurant we went to the food was of good quality. room service was good and quick and the service around the lovely pool was just as good. the hotel laid on free scuba diving lessons every Thursday (i think that was right) and that was a few hours of fun at the hotel pool. the hotel laid on a free taxi into Patong, too, which was a little further out than Phuket but thankfully a free service was laid on there, too. i really struggle to fault this hotel at all but perhaps the only thing, the one and only thing, would be that that you had to pay to use the internet although there was free wi-fi if you had your own computer. the staff were just great. we went in a quieter period of which the locals prefer but we couldn't fault and kind and friendly they were. the rooms were perfect in quality and our view was nice.

this was only our first trip to Thailand but we'd definitely stay here again. there were private villas with their own infinity pools available, too, which were lovely and not overly priced we thought. because of this i would say definitely check it out over the competition unless you want to be in the middle of things.

Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2009
Randers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The beach is very beautiful - The Hotel has a nice and relaxing atmosphere.

We went to Patong one evening and for me that was hell compared to cape Panwa. The beach at Patong are not even as nice, and the nightlife is just to much 'in your face' for me.

So if you want a nice and realxing getaway just go there. Its also very clean and have some nice facilities. The sorroundings are also nice and you quickly get to know some of the local people living around the area, since it is a small area.

On the other hand the prices are high in the hotel area, and as other have reported, you have to use quite a lot of funds on transportation if you want to go see other places.

Regarding that I will recommend taking the local bus from the cape panwa seaside (25 bath a person to Phuket town). regarding taxis, be sure to barter, especially when going back from places where there are more competetion (and desperation in the low season). They will ask for 300 bath, but will take you for 200 bath from phuket town.

If your after a 'party' time I would surely not recommend the hotel, since that is not whats going on there. That said, ofcourse there a enough chances to get some nice evening drinks and some talks in the hotel area and the resturants and bars in the area.

So it really depends on what youre after.

Aussie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

After staying in Patong Beach this place was a little piece of heaven. The hotel is maintained at high standards and the staff were exceptional. The buffet breakfast would have to be the best I have experienced. Even though its away from major towns, the prices at the hotel are still reasonable, and you can catch their shuttle to the little village where there is a great Thai restaurant. I can understand why many people return to the Panwa, I would.

Ormskirk, Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Want to chill out in great surroundings? Then this is the place. The beach is fantastic, excellent food and the staff just great. I didnt find a problem with the rooms like a lot comment on, they were fine, Nicely decorated, cleaned everyday. The hill may be steep to get to the village but the hotel bus arrives every 5 minutes. If you want to go to busy nightlife then Patong is only 30 minutes away. 300 baht return in the hotel minibus. One of the blocks of rooms was being refurbed whilst we were there but didnt cause any problems. The village has a number of places for dining out at very low prices and food is great .Stayed at Hilton, Karon Beach (business) which was a great hotel but would rather be at Cape Panwa any day. It all depends on what you want out of a holiday. If you want a mad holiday then Patong is the place for you. If you want a relaxing holiday in great surroundings then I would definately recommend you try Cape Panwa. We love the place and the people and we will definately be returning in the future. And no your not bothered every five minutes by someone asking you if you want a tuck tuck, suit or a massage!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!