“Excellent hotel and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Panwa Hotel

You added Cape Panwa Hotel to your Saves list
Cape Panwa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Mu 8, Sakdidej Road, Cape Panwa, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Special Price
Book early & save more
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Modiin Israel
“Excellent hotel and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Although I came to this hotel because of an international conference at which I was a speaker (i.e,. I had no choice), I can honestly say that my partner and I were extremely pleased with the hotel. The entire staff was friendly and the service was excellent. Upon arrival at 9:00 pm, we were instantly upgraded to a junior suite with a view by the young manager who saw that my husband walks with the aid of a cane and could not possibly manage the "climb" to our reserved room. For this we thank you, Boonsong! The only "problem" with the hotel for someone who has not been to Thailand previously (this was my fifth visit to wonderful Thailand) is its location at the end of Cape Panwa. However, the hotel does offer a shuttle (small fee) to Phuket and other locations, as well as a free shuttle to the nearby tiny village. The ocean and the beach are fantastic, and so are the swimming pools. All in all, I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort in this part of Thailand.

Room Tip: Any room with a view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, is pleased to have met your expectation, thanks you for your positive endorsement, and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon. Your thoughtful mention of appreciation for our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, some by name, has been noted for sharing with them. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at Cape Pawan over the past weekend after reading great reviews on Tripadvisor only to experience major disappointment with their services.

The hotel is nice, has some old charm to it, beautiful beach and spacious room, but the quality of services ruin it all. I was very disappointed with almost all the touch points I had with them.

Reservation: the hotel required non-refundable deposit for the first night, which I paid using my credit card. The staff called me 3 days after I paid that I haven't made any payment which I insisted I did. The lady just kept arguing with me instead of went back and checked the payment. I told her to call my assistant, which she then sent an apology note.

Limo pickup: I booked the hotel limo to pick me up from the airport for convenience. Upon reaching the arrival hall, the staff was no where to be seen. I walked outside the hall, looked around 2 times then decided to call the hotel. The hotel had no clue what's going on, then I had to walk around again only to find the staff stood somewhere way outside of the arrival hall and not even close to the entrance / exit! When I asked where was she earlier, she just replied "i was here for a long while. The point is, why was she not in the arrival hall??? Any typical hotel would wait for their guest IN the arrival hall or at least at the exit of the arrival hall or call the guest when they can't find him / her!

Check-in: after I got down from the bus, the staff took my bag out and left it unattended on the floor without even bringing it to me at the check-in counter. Staff was unfriendly and rather clueless

Breakfast: all the staffs looked like they hate their job. The egg station was borderline-rude. Staffs were not helpful.

Beach: no one was there to help with the sunbed, no service or whatsoever

Room: very poor cleaning, I saw bunch of hairs (which weren't mine) underneath the table along with dust - rather disgusting.

The list can go on and on. I'm very curious about other reviewers' great service experience. Perhaps, the hotel applies 2 standards, one for foreign guests and one for local Thai guest (which I am)

I'm very disappointed with Cape Panwa and will not go back there again. What a shame for such a nice property

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your feedback on your weekend stay with us as a local guest which has been noted and shared with our team in our continuing effort to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests all the time. Please free to contact me directly at: gm@capepanwa.com
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Like their room very big with big bathroom consist of bathtub and shower top those of all is super clean...They have 3 pool...In the top of their new building, in the lobby and near the beach. Their staff also friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for your brief but positive mention of our property and operation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the hotel. It was a wonderful experience, rooms are comfortable and of high standard, staff are warm and friendly and are always willing to assist. The hotel's private beach, pool, entertainment rooms are a real joy. The hotel restaurant was good with reasonable prices and I would recommend the duck. Although the hotel is away from the craziness of patong, the hotel offers a reliable shuttle service (400 baht per person) to patong (as well as other regions). The phuket town is also 12 km away and you could either use the hotel's shuttle or take the public bus. We enjoyed the convenience of the hotel shuttle service (I think it was 200/300 baht per person)as the public buses can take a while. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to the aquarium where you can find restaurants as well as a small night market. For those who want a tranquil and relaxed holiday, this is the place to be, as the hotel offers a lot and you would not find the need to venture out (unless you want to go on a tour). For those looking for a party, I would advise booking in near patong as the drive from Cape panwa is rather long and transportation costs will accumulate. We regret not spending more time at the hotel but we look forward to our next visit to phuket as we would definitely stay at this hotel again. We recommend a suite over looking the hotel pool as the view of the beach is breathtaking.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, appreciates your descriptive and informative review which should assist other readers planning a stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another wonderful holiday experience. Thank you for your feedback.
Sale, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our first visit to Cape Panwa, stayed in room R113 for 6 nights, view was nice, but hotel has rooms with better views. Room was very clean and comfortable, bed linen changed daily. Air con and lights are connected to door key to conserve power when your not there. Tip, ask for a second room key, to keep air con working when your out. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wifi is an issue, free to public areas, in room cost 600 baht per week, but only work in one part of the room.
The breakfast is wonderful, actually all meals were great, not the place to go if you want to loose weight. Went to Panwa house for a buffet dinner, what an experience, dinner on white linen, only meters from the shoreline, the food was great but the entertainment was brilliant, a group of energetic musicians playing a variety of music and then the traditional Thai dancers came out, an unexpected delight. The resort is out of the way, which is just what we wanted, all the conveniences non of the hassles, just relax

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, ask for a room close to the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Panwa Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, thanks you for sharing your observations with us and our readers after your first visit with us on Cape Panwa. Your feedback should be helpful to other readers planning a stay with us while we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Gurgaon, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Positive: beautiful view and decent room. Quite a large area with nice balcony.

Negative: probably one of the worst service hotel I have received in phuket. Staff is not helpful and not friendly in general eg when we asked to borrow a life jacket, the staff mention just come inside the sport room and pick it up yourself and say that she has to go to work and left us. Apparently servicing hotel guest is not part of her work. At the breakfast area, the staff gave us dirty plate mats with left over food on it. Upon saying that the Mat is dirty, he just stared at me and not apologizing. Would not come back to this hotel again due to poor service...Breakfast not very impressive narrow selection and very slow and unfriendly egg station.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, has shared your review with our team. We apologise for the service lapse and share your disappointment but hope to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact me at gm@capepanwa.com. Thank you again for your feedback.
clackmannanshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We spent six days here. The views are stunning we stayed in the newer section, the room was large and roomy and very nicely fitted out the view from our room was stunning. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We used the tram down to the Beach which saved the walk down the steps, the breakfasts were excellent especially the omelet which was made to your specifications we had dinner here Aldo which was very good. There is a truck which runs down to the village where there are nice restaurants the people here are so warm and friendly

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
The Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, is happy to know that we met your expectations and thanks you for your commentary. Your positive mention of our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff has been noted to share with them. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.

Been to Cape Panwa Hotel? Share your experiences!