Our most recent stay was our fifth at the Panwa Beach Resort in the last seven years, the aim of the holiday was to relax and do some sailing and diving. On arrival, the staff were very friendly having remembered us from before and we were made exceptionally welcome. We immediately settled into relax mode.
The resort has most things to offer with several dining options and if you don't want to go out and and explore, you don't have to. The main buffet restaurant is very good; for a real treat you should visit the Panwa house, a beautiful Sino-Portuguese mansion on the beach reached by the hotel's own funicular railway. The Lighthouse pub is also great fun.
The resort is quite remote and if the nightlife is what you want, then it may not be for you. However, it's seclusion is it's charm and you will definately feel you are away from the hustle and bustle of places like Kata and Patong. If you do want to see some of Phuket, the hotel runs a free regular shuttle over the hill to the Kantaray Bay hotel, (part of the same group) where on Ao Yon, you have restaurants and an evening street market to visit, and it's very easy to get to other places in Phuket.
We like the resort for it peaceful nature and friendly staff. One notable aspect is that it is very cosmopolitan and doesn't attract one particular customer group. You will find yourself mixing with people from all over the world who are all willing to say hello - as they are just as relaxed as you.
We have to admit we have an affinity to the resort as it generously sponsors the Phuket Race Week sailing event each July, which we have sailed in. But the fact we are like to come back when not competing in the regatta speaks volumes.
The only drawbacks are that the beach, although beautiful has rocks and mudflats exposed at low tide and that the hotel charges quite a lot for WiFi. The former is not too much of a problem as the hotel leaves tide timetables in each room - and most people swim in the two pools anyway. And the latter can be overcome by using a 3g sim card with data enabled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Panwa Beach Resort Phuket is the perfect seaside hideaway nestled amongst the pristine tropical forests of Cape Panwa. On a private sandy beach, this intimate 4 star resort hotel combines excellent facilities with the charm of Thai hospitality. A favourite destination for honeymooners and families wanting to enjoy a relaxing break, only 10 min drive from Phuket town and the best shopping centre on the island, Central Festival Phuket. 40 min from Phuket Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Panwa Beach Resort, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Beach Resort Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Novotel Cape Panwa
- Accor Cape Panwa
- Novotel Phuket
- Phuket Novotel
- Panwa Beach Resort, Phuket Cape Panwa