There are many pluses to this resort and a couple of negatives. We stayed for two weeks and overall had a great time, after a few problems were sorted.
We arrived at about 9pm on a Sunday night to find our room wasn't ready. The girl on the desk had almost no English so it was a struggle to get our point across. We waited an hour before our room was ready which for a 5 star resort is unacceptable. When we got to our room, it was quite dirty with hand prints on the door, marks on the wall, a warm mini bar and the blinds in the bathroom not working. We contacted reception and said that as we were tired, we would sleep ion the room but wanted it changed the next day. We honestly thought they would just ignore our request but the next day we were not only moved from our ocean view room but we were put in a top floor ocean view apartment. We decided to write off the first night and start again, feeling they had more than redeemed themselves.
The resort itself looked a little tired, for quite a new resort, and in desperate need of maintenance. The bad thing was they decided to do some maintenance while we were there, such as replacing decks, painting etc. You can't have it both ways, expect it to look great but don't want the work to be done while you are there, so we didn't find it too much of a problem. I guess the only real solution would be close for a couple of weeks a year and do all the maintenance then.
The biggest complaint about the resort was the language barrier. We met a lovely American girl called Casey who was terrific but the majority of the staff had poor or no English at all. Being in a non English speaking country it wouldn't normally bother me but this resort is aimed at Westerners so I would have thought more effort would be made to speak English. Apart from that small issue though the staff were superb. Thai people are very friendly and smiling but the staff here always greeted you and smiled and were very helpful.
I have to say the buffet breakfast was fantastic, the best we have had in a hotel for many years. The hot items were hot, such as bacon and sausages, but the variety was awesome and ever changing. We really looked forward to our breakfast every morning.
If you are going to book tours, I would suggest using the Tree Top cafe across the road. The family were lovely and gave us really good prices for tours and taxis, plus he was an Arsenal fan :-) The food there was very good too but also quite cheap.
I would definitely recommend this resort but be aware that it is away from the madness of Patong Beach, a cab there was cheap though and well worth it, wouldn't want to be there all the time though. The service was excellent and I am sure they got sick of us ordering ice to our room everyday. We bought a few drinks by the pool and had lunch in the restaurant at the resort and found them quite reasonable. Things are much cheaper outside the resort but compared to prices in Australia, the resort prices were quite good.
A lot of people on here recommended Live Indian Restaurant which is walking distance from the resort. We found it to be disgusting, not sure who wrote it was good. The food was average and small serves and the place was filthy. Avoid it.
We would use this resort again and for the price, it is great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai décor including spacious Pool Villas, three free form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterside, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Cape Panwa