I am lucky , in that I have been to many great places and hotels, and I've been an avid fan of tripAdvisor (just reading reviews and not participating, till now ) but decided to share the last holiday because of two outstanding hotels I stayed in , the first being the Naka Island.
When thinking about Phuket, the hustle and bustle of it comes to mind, I had stayed 2 nights first right in the middle of the action at patong beach (which has its own charm and is great to experience) and then transferred for the rest of my stay at the Naka Island.
Just five minutes away by private speedboat , takes you to the extreme opposite , serene and beautiful , 5 star comfort (with an outdoorsy feeling in the villas).
Staff are waiting at the jetty to take you to your villa for an in-room check in which was seamless and quick.
The villas are really comfortable, and well equipped, each one ,with a private pool , relaxation area and steam room .
The main pool area is stunning, deck chairs in water, overlooking the infinity pool and the deep blue. Relaxing on one was bliss. A beautiful hammock and swing sway quietly on the other end of the stretch of beach. My inner child did squeal with joy when using that swing looking out unto the peaceful ocean :) Sunset from the Z bar was amazing as well.
Two things were really outstanding for me , Su who gave me one of the best massages I've ever had, at Spa Naka, and the staff, Thai hospitality at its best, always smiling, greeting, checking up that your needs are being met.
Duty manager Lena was amazing , sent a message to my next starwood stop in Malaysia, about my preferences, the staff at the restaurant were really attentive as well.
I never had breakfast (really did relax and slept in ) but had lunch and dinner.
The island is occupied by a muslim fishing village, which is a fifteen minute walk away, so there is no pork served at the restaurant (alcohol is available) , found out too late that the meat was halal certified, so I ate vegetarian throughout my stay, and it was good.
The resort is quiet, my son (4) was slightly bored even though he took part in the kids activity, the kids room could be better equipped with one member of staff being there all the time like other kids clubs we've been to. There is also not much activity for adults on the island but the resort was just the perfect place to just relax and unwind and rejuvenate myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Splendia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand