“Heaven, Eden, Paradise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket

Save Saved
You added The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   32 Moo 5 | Paklok, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Heaven, Eden, Paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Naka Island Resort, yes this is it, the perfect place to unwind to get away from all the stresses of the busy world outside. A personal guest meeting at the airport, seamless limo' transfer and speedy boat journey to the private jetty proves an excellent start to your visit. The ever smiling friendly staff and staff guest ratio ensure the continuation of your personal welcome and attention throughout your stay. Service at all levels is excellent from housekeeping to bar, to restaurant, to pool services, to spa and to senior management, whose one aim is to make your visit totally enjoyable. Our sea view villa with its own plunge pool, garden, salsa, day beds, inside and outside shower and steam room couldn't have been better for a relaxing stay. Should your desires be more energetic then kayaks, a sailing catamaran and sail boards are all freely available together with the splendid two level infinity pool. Dining is a delight whether it be breakfast at the Tonsai, dinner at My Grill or tapas at the Z bar. In our 10 night stay there was ample variety of Western, Thai and other dishes to satisfy the most demanding palates with sufficient menu changes to avoid repetition. The only down side to our stay was when sadly my wife fell and broke her wrist. The quality of staff and their training was well illustrated by their reaction to this event in their immediate response, effectiveness, efficiency and handling of our problem. The satisfactory outcome being we continued to enjoy our holiday as planned, a huge thank you to all. Should you be seeking the perfect relaxing holiday Naka Island Resort is for you. Would we recommend it ? - yes. Will we go again ? - yes.

Room Tip: A sea view villa with pool is ideal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear EandR2014,

It was wonderful to have you stay with us at The Naka Island Resort recently for 10 nights and so pleasing to know that you both enjoyed your stay with us so much.

We are really pleased to hear that your wife is recovering so quickly and it was really nice to see how she enjoyed her holiday at our resort even after her mishap. Thank you for praising our resort nurse and Ambassadors for the manner in which they took such great care of her and I ask that you please pass on our best wishes to Mrs ‘R’ from all of our Ambassadors.

I appreciate you taking the time to write your glowing 5 Star review of our property on Trip Advisor and for giving other travelers an insight on what they can expect when they stay at our resort. Ten days certainly gives plenty of time to experience all aspects of our property and the level of service that we offer and your kind compliments in relation to all of our departments plus our ever smiling, personal and attentive Ambassadors have been shared with our team and accepted gracefully.

It is a delight to read that you will return to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you at the ‘gong’ for another unforgettable Naka Island experience.

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We leave here tomorrow and I will be sad to go! I have loved almost every thing about our stay here. We were greeted warmly by the staff on arrival and every moment thereafter. Our villa is amazing, we choose to leave it only for meals and swimming in the ocean, otherwise it has everything we need. There are lots of seating choices inside and out and our own pool! I love the outdoor shower and bath tub. And then there is the wonderful bedroom surrounded by windows and lots of sun light! The canopied bed is cozy and comfortable. The food in both restaurant was very good and the breakfast buffet was great. My only suggestions for improvement is the sand path from the walkway to the room entrance is not a good idea and if it does have to be there, then there should be foot shower before you enter your villa and the same with all the sand around the restaurant. It is very hard to not have sand stuck in your shoes and on your feet. The other small thing is there needs to be a table between the lounge chairs on the pool deck in our villa. Other than those minor things everything was exceptional!

Room Tip: I loved room #24. This is a garden view villa and was totally private, no one could see on to your p...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gingerspicePortland,

I am so pleased to read in your review how much you enjoyed our resort and your amazing Villa.

It is always encouraging to receive high rating reviews and to know where we are reaching and exceeding guest expectations and also the areas that we need to pay extra attention to. I have noted your suggestions in relation to walking on the sand and an additional small table outside the Villa and we will certainly review these comments with our management team.

Thank you again for staying at The Naka Island and we hope you have the chance to visit us again for another memorable Luxury Collection experience again soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for 5D4N over the CNY holidays--couldn't have made a better choice!
Previously I had some concern on the fact that the resort is an island and hence might get a bit bored after a couple of days, but this was certainly not the case!
Smooth transfer from the airport to the marina, and a quick and enjoyable speedboat transfer to the island in just under 45mins, we were greeted by Erich , the hotel GM, and were transferred to our villa for checkin.

Room
We booked a beachfront pool villa, and this is definitely a must! There are 3 such villas and we were given villa 68--this is the "least" private of the 3 in the sense that the vegetation does not cover the villa from the beach, but we loved it as we can see the sea from our villa, villa pool and enjoy a bit more sunshine in the villa as well. There were some problems with the booking from the resort side but the staff were very apologetic and offered a couple of alternatives that we were very happy with-ended up having villa 69 (a beachfront villa with no pool) next to us in addition to villa 68 for the first 3 nights and having to move to villa 69 for the final night.
The villa is not particularly spacious in the main bedroom, but the changing room, with the outdoor shower, outdoor bath and the pool and sala make the whole villa massive (the pool villa also has a separate air condition dining room next to the pool)
Each of these beach front villas have a "de facto" private beach as these are towards one end of the resort and with very few people passing by, definitely very private.

Food and Dining
Breakfast is at Tonsai, one of the two restaurant, and it was fine (could do with a few more Asian and Western offerings though), and the live noodle cooking station is a highlight for breakfast! We tried lunch and dinner there as well and would say the Thai dishes are generally more well done than the western dishes (the fish and chips was pretty amazing though). The only improvement I would say is the restaurant can be a bit slow at times--seems like they serve on a table by table basis. Otherwise pretty happy with Tonsai
We tried My Grill for the one night, as for SPG members you get 15% off food which is a nice touch, and the seafood was very fresh and we had one of the "sunken table" which was very nice
One highlight of the trip was the CNY dinner--buffet in the open area next to the restaurants. The food was fine, but the shows especially the lion dance was spectacular, and I must say the management team has put in a lot of effort and time ensure the performances were of the highest quality, well done!

Activities
One of the must dos on this island is the kayak trip round the island--you get a certificate upon the completion as well. I recommend doing this with two person, should be able to do it in c. 1.5hrs--the scenery is absolutely beautiful but be mindful of other parts of the island where waves maybe a big stronger and bigger.
The pool is very nice, and service very good from the staff--you can also opt for the sun loungers by the beach (but we preferred the ones by our villa which were more private)
We tried the spa and the massages were excellent--I highly recommend the Indigenous Naka Massage.

Overall
We were extremely happy with our choice--the highlight is of course the staff-- most of the staff knew our name by heart throughout our stay in the resort, and the staff remembered the little touches/special requests that we put in, absolutely amazing! Amazing time at this place and definitely looking to return soon!

Room Tip: Choose Beachfront Pool Villa; Choose 68 for good view of the sea, choose 66/65 for more privacy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear zwgc2,

Thanks for staying with us recently at The Naka Island and for taking the time to contribute your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed The Naka Island annual Chinese New Year Celebration and I appreciate that you have shared your experience with other readers in your review. The event is certainly a hi-lite of our year with it’s multitude of food choices served by chefs at live cooking stations plus the spectacular traditional Chinese and indigenous entertainment.

I would like to express my thanks for all your positive comments in relation to our wonderful Ambassadors, Spa Naka treatments, water sports and kayaking, dining at My Grill and Tonsai and of course your beautiful Beachfront Pool Villa.

The Naka Island Team and I look forward to taking care of you once again when you next have the opportunity to visit the Luxury Collection Phuket.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a perfect place to relax and get closer to nature. We spent 2 nights at The Naka Island but we thought it wasnt enough bcos it was very nice to be spoiled sometimes :). We used the resort's limousine service to transfer us from airport to hotel which made this journey hassle free and no tired at all. (60$ one way tho.). Ms.Sailom (Korean staff) was waiting for us at the hotel's pier when we arrived and was taking care of us in every possible way throughout our stay. inside Villa check in was at ease. Room was spacious with outdoor bathtub plus private steam and sauna. The pool in the room was very clean unlike some other resorts where the outdoor pool maybe full of sand and leaves. The 2 restaurants of the resorts were excellent. Seafood at My Grills restaurant were very delicious. I just loved every thing we ordered. One thing, The staffs always greeted us in English eventho we're Thai I dont know why but anyway they didnt make any flaw at all. I just think that greeting in Thai will be more indigenous. The main pool was very relaxing. Water sport activities allow you to Kayak around the island (2hours in bare sunlight) which was tired but fun. The evening at Z bar you will see the perfect gorgeous sunset. Everything just perfect about this resort. I would recommend everyone to go for a special celebration and you will definitely love it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Samify P,

I would like to thank you for being so generous by paying our resort so many compliments in your 5 Star Trip Advisor review.

It is most pleasing to read that your Naka arrival experience was so smooth starting from your limousine transfer from the airport, through to being checked directly into your villa by our Concierge Ambassador Khun Sairom.

Your kind comments are appreciated in regard to your dining experiences, the resort infinity swimming pool, the gorgeous evening sunsets at Z-Bar and it is also great to hear that you took advantage of our free water sport activities and kayaking around the whole island.

Thanks again for recommending The Naka Island to other travelers and we hope that you are able to return in the future to relax and get close to nature again at the Luxury Collection Phuket.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I travelled here for 2 nights in January and we wish we had another night here! It was the perfect place to relax after the nightlife in Koh Phi Phi.
Every staff member smiled and welcomed us whenever we walked by. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are so unique and private - you don't even really need to leave your villa.
We used the complimentary stand up paddles boards and kayaked around the whole island which was quite lovely.
The food here is simply AMAZING! We loved having the fresh coconuts on the breakfast buffet. The sunsets from the Z bar are incredible and a great way to unwind at the end of the day. We felt like royalty staying at this resort. I would highly recommend for a special getaway.
It was great to see how to staff genuinely cared for each guest!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Crystal2209,
Thank you for staying with us recently at The Naka Island and for describing our resort as the perfect place to relax.

Your feedback will definitely be shared with the entire Naka team and our Ambassadors will be so pleased to read that you felt like royalty during your stay with us and for your kind words describing them as genuine, caring and friendly.

Thanks also for mentioning so many of the resort features that you enjoyed in your review including the restaurant food and daily buffet breakfasts, sunsets at Z-Bar, your private villa and also that you made the most of our free water sport activities, including your kayaking adventure around the island and that you tried our stand up paddle boards.

I hope you can stay with us once again at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, when you next have the chance to visit Phuket.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Was looking for a short getaway to celebrate my partner's birthday. Not exactly a good time to visit Phuket in the month of October (rained every day that I was there!) but the resort itself and the room was comfortable to just laze around in. Sunset view from the Z bar was as good as described. The tropical villa came with a private plunge pool and you have total privacy (read: skinny dipping!). They helped organise a BBQ in the villa and the food plus the ambience they set up was great. Service is generally good within the resort.

The only complaint that I had was with the tour desk. I had contacted the hotel prior to arrival to enquire about organising a scuba diving trip but the tour desk did not revert. When I arrived a week or more later after I made the enquiry, I had to look for the tour desk who then explained that it would be tedious process because the island is far away from the mainland dive shops. Basically, I had to get sea transport out of island followed by land transport to dive operator before the usual dive boat departure around 7am or 8am (so divers, take note). I am ok with the explanation but felt that he should have replied my email so that I didn't have to cart along my diving gear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear superdoggy,

Its great to hear that you had such a great getaway at The Naka Island in October and that you were happy with the resort and its many features.

Your compliments of our resort service and Z-Bar sunsets are certainly welcome and it is with delight that I read that you took up the option of arranging a Barbeque for just the two of you in the privacy of your own Tropical Pool Villa to celebrate your partners birthday.

Please accept my apologies for the communication problem with our tour desk regarding your diving trip and I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused you during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity once again in the future to welcome you back to the Naka Island for another memorable Luxury Collection experience.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

What can I say what a great resort, totally private if you wanted this or join in with what's going on! Your private room with its own plunge pool, plus. Terrace, outdoor bath and own garden area, somewhere to get totally lost! Our villa no. 12 perfect location so you had some exercise when walking to breakfast, if you chose not to eat in your own space,! your bikes parked outside the villa in case, you fancied some bike riding. Their is a buffet in the evening or a la carte menu at my grill restaurant. You can relax in the spa or keep trim in the gym! It's a must to visit you won't be disappointed

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Alison F,

Thank you for recommending The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket to Trip Advisor readers.

We appreciate your compliments of so many of our resort features, including your private villa, dining experiences and our fitness centre and I am especially happy that you felt spoiled and enjoyed your stay with us so much.

Creating memorable guest experiences is our Luxury Collection goal and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Naka Island in the future so we can spoil you once again.

Erich Friedl

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!