“just like Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket

Save Saved
You added The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   32 Moo 5 | Paklok, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
Bangkok, Thailand
“just like Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a perfect place to relax and get closer to nature. We spent 2 nights at The Naka Island but we thought it wasnt enough bcos it was very nice to be spoiled sometimes :). We used the resort's limousine service to transfer us from airport to hotel which made this journey hassle free and no tired at all. (60$ one way tho.). Ms.Sailom (Korean staff) was waiting for us at the hotel's pier when we arrived and was taking care of us in every possible way throughout our stay. inside Villa check in was at ease. Room was spacious with outdoor bathtub plus private steam and sauna. The pool in the room was very clean unlike some other resorts where the outdoor pool maybe full of sand and leaves. The 2 restaurants of the resorts were excellent. Seafood at My Grills restaurant were very delicious. I just loved every thing we ordered. One thing, The staffs always greeted us in English eventho we're Thai I dont know why but anyway they didnt make any flaw at all. I just think that greeting in Thai will be more indigenous. The main pool was very relaxing. Water sport activities allow you to Kayak around the island (2hours in bare sunlight) which was tired but fun. The evening at Z bar you will see the perfect gorgeous sunset. Everything just perfect about this resort. I would recommend everyone to go for a special celebration and you will definitely love it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Samify P,

I would like to thank you for being so generous by paying our resort so many compliments in your 5 Star Trip Advisor review.

It is most pleasing to read that your Naka arrival experience was so smooth starting from your limousine transfer from the airport, through to being checked directly into your villa by our Concierge Ambassador Khun Sairom.

Your kind comments are appreciated in regard to your dining experiences, the resort infinity swimming pool, the gorgeous evening sunsets at Z-Bar and it is also great to hear that you took advantage of our free water sport activities and kayaking around the whole island.

Thanks again for recommending The Naka Island to other travelers and we hope that you are able to return in the future to relax and get close to nature again at the Luxury Collection Phuket.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I travelled here for 2 nights in January and we wish we had another night here! It was the perfect place to relax after the nightlife in Koh Phi Phi.
Every staff member smiled and welcomed us whenever we walked by. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are so unique and private - you don't even really need to leave your villa.
We used the complimentary stand up paddles boards and kayaked around the whole island which was quite lovely.
The food here is simply AMAZING! We loved having the fresh coconuts on the breakfast buffet. The sunsets from the Z bar are incredible and a great way to unwind at the end of the day. We felt like royalty staying at this resort. I would highly recommend for a special getaway.
It was great to see how to staff genuinely cared for each guest!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Crystal2209,
Thank you for staying with us recently at The Naka Island and for describing our resort as the perfect place to relax.

Your feedback will definitely be shared with the entire Naka team and our Ambassadors will be so pleased to read that you felt like royalty during your stay with us and for your kind words describing them as genuine, caring and friendly.

Thanks also for mentioning so many of the resort features that you enjoyed in your review including the restaurant food and daily buffet breakfasts, sunsets at Z-Bar, your private villa and also that you made the most of our free water sport activities, including your kayaking adventure around the island and that you tried our stand up paddle boards.

I hope you can stay with us once again at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, when you next have the chance to visit Phuket.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Was looking for a short getaway to celebrate my partner's birthday. Not exactly a good time to visit Phuket in the month of October (rained every day that I was there!) but the resort itself and the room was comfortable to just laze around in. Sunset view from the Z bar was as good as described. The tropical villa came with a private plunge pool and you have total privacy (read: skinny dipping!). They helped organise a BBQ in the villa and the food plus the ambience they set up was great. Service is generally good within the resort.

The only complaint that I had was with the tour desk. I had contacted the hotel prior to arrival to enquire about organising a scuba diving trip but the tour desk did not revert. When I arrived a week or more later after I made the enquiry, I had to look for the tour desk who then explained that it would be tedious process because the island is far away from the mainland dive shops. Basically, I had to get sea transport out of island followed by land transport to dive operator before the usual dive boat departure around 7am or 8am (so divers, take note). I am ok with the explanation but felt that he should have replied my email so that I didn't have to cart along my diving gear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear superdoggy,

Its great to hear that you had such a great getaway at The Naka Island in October and that you were happy with the resort and its many features.

Your compliments of our resort service and Z-Bar sunsets are certainly welcome and it is with delight that I read that you took up the option of arranging a Barbeque for just the two of you in the privacy of your own Tropical Pool Villa to celebrate your partners birthday.

Please accept my apologies for the communication problem with our tour desk regarding your diving trip and I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused you during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity once again in the future to welcome you back to the Naka Island for another memorable Luxury Collection experience.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

What can I say what a great resort, totally private if you wanted this or join in with what's going on! Your private room with its own plunge pool, plus. Terrace, outdoor bath and own garden area, somewhere to get totally lost! Our villa no. 12 perfect location so you had some exercise when walking to breakfast, if you chose not to eat in your own space,! your bikes parked outside the villa in case, you fancied some bike riding. Their is a buffet in the evening or a la carte menu at my grill restaurant. You can relax in the spa or keep trim in the gym! It's a must to visit you won't be disappointed

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Alison F,

Thank you for recommending The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket to Trip Advisor readers.

We appreciate your compliments of so many of our resort features, including your private villa, dining experiences and our fitness centre and I am especially happy that you felt spoiled and enjoyed your stay with us so much.

Creating memorable guest experiences is our Luxury Collection goal and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Naka Island in the future so we can spoil you once again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is really an amazing place. I stayed here with my wife and 18 month old in November 2013 it was just the most relaxed, most lovely, paradise hotel I have ever been to - and I'm lucky enough to have stayed in some really lovely hotels. The food is excellent, the staff are all exceptionally nice, particularly to our little daughter but the best thing was the relaxed ambience of the entire place, it just felt so far away from any hustle and bustle. We were actually staying somewhere else on phuket originally but decided to change location after a couple of days for a number of reasons. We visited a couple of high end resorts on the main phuket island to see where to move to so I feel like I can say with reasonable confidence that naka is hands down the best resort on phuket. If it wasn't so far from the uk id want to come here every year and will definitely detour next time I'm in Asia. Finally special mention to Erich, the GM, and his team who could not possible have been more accomodating when we contacted them. Go here if you can - you won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2013
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear KezMit123,

I would like to thank you for staying with us recently at The Naka Island and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

From your feedback, it certainly appears that The Naka Island was the perfect resort choice and enabled you and your young family to share quality time together in an environment that felt far enough away from your busy daily life to allow you to relax in comfort.

Your kind words have been shared with our team of Ambassadors and we can’t wait to have you stay with us again when you next visit Phuket.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Despite staying in best of the hotels around the world,this stay made me open a trip advisor account , I would describe my stay as excellent : the resort is closest to nature whilst not parting away with luxury .it's a zero pollution zone one detoxes by itself .

David is the man to look for , he is the sixth star of the hotel ,I would assume he see's to it & surely did to us by taking feedback of each day that we r happy , anything we need to make our stay extra special .

The staff & the managers of the restaurant are quick to unsterstand your taste.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear AJ_V18,

Thank you for sharing your recent Naka Island experience on Trip Advisor.

It was a joy to have you and your family stay with us over the New Year period and I am delighted that you enjoyed our resort and its natural environment, your dining experiences and the hospitality of our Naka Island Ambassadors.

Your feedback has been shared with our Team and we hope you are able to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed with here with my wife over Christmas. The resort was exactly what we were looking for in that it was secluded, private and quiet. You really had that secluded island feeling in all the rooms, even though there were others around. It is on a remote island, so not all the things from a mainland hotel, but we liked that. The best was you could bike/walk about 30 minutes to the other side of the island to really a very private beach. The wifi was good and the breakfast was awesome. The service was really good on the island. The process of getting from the airport and across on the boat could maybe be a little more relaxing, but that is just being picky. It was a little difficult to get on and off as the private boat transfers and taxis provided by the hotel were a bit expensive, so just plan on staying at Naka while you are there.

I would highly recommend if you are looking for a private island experience, but want good food, nice staff and great rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers in your 5 Star Trip Advisor review further to your recent Christmas stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket.

For private, quiet and secluded getaways, the Naka Island is certainly the perfect place for intimate couples, Honeymooners and small families to relax and unwind in total comfort.

I am delighted that you chose to stay at The Naka Island during the festive season and also for mentioning so many positive aspects of the resort in your review including the complimentary WIFI service, daily buffet breakfast at Tonsai restaurant, nice staff and great villas.

The Naka Team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for another memorable experience in the near future.

Erich Friedl

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!