We had a few days off and decided to try out the new direct route to Phuket. We had been once before so this time we wanted something a bit more quiet and relaxing than the main island, so Naka Island seemed like the perfect option and trust me it was!
Naka Island is only a 30 minute car journey through some back streets as you head towards the coast so it helps if you book a car pick up service, as ordinary taxi drivers may not know where to bring you. From the marina it is only a 5-10 minute boat trip to the island.
Once you arrive, the guest relations staff are there to greet you and on route to your room you get to meet the General Manager while you make a wish and bang on a traditional bong-nice start to the holiday! They dealt with the check-in, in your room so it was hassle free. Our room no.27 was fabulous with lots of room and a nice big comfy bed. The bathroom was most impressive as it was at the back of the villa separate from the room and it looked out on a lovely tropical garden and an outdoor shower. There is a mosquito net which gives you comfort while you sleep and tea/coffee facilities in the room. The swimming pool is more than enough for two and it is kept nice & clean. You have your own bicycles to get around the island & you can go visit the local fishing village on the other side of the island.
All the other facilities on the island were very enjoyable. They had both outdoor and indoor class’s everyday such a Thai Boxing, Paddle Boarding and Yoga, which are good for the over cast days. There was a wide range of magazines, books & DVD’s to choose from. Even though we had our own private pool we used the communal pool every day, it faces out on the water with a mountainous view, the beds are actually in the pool and the pool boys come around with water regularly plus a nice cool breeze blows in. The Spa was amazing especially the gardens and the setting, it’s a must and prices are not too expensive. There is only two restaurants to choose from and normally we would tire easily of two but for some reason not these two! Tonsai had a bit of everything local & western, we preferred the Asian Cuisine (mango sticky rice-yum!) and My Grill had a lovely seafood platter and fine meats, we never had a bad meal in either. Zbar is peaceful and relaxing overlooking the water, it was a 5-10 minute cycle which is lovely before dinner BUT there was no bar close to the restaurants to relax and have an after dinner drink. So my only suggestion to the resort is to set up a nice beach bar close to My Grill! All the staff were so lovely always smiling and using our names. We had the pleasure of meeting Dave the head of Guest Relations who came over to chat every day and no request was too much for him, we really appreciated all the attention.
Over all we loved Naka, it’s the Maldives of Thailand just a lot more reasonably priced!!!! We will definitely plan a return visit in the future and recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand