“The Perfect Island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket

Save Saved
You added The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   32 Moo 5 | Paklok, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
Dubai
“The Perfect Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a few days off and decided to try out the new direct route to Phuket. We had been once before so this time we wanted something a bit more quiet and relaxing than the main island, so Naka Island seemed like the perfect option and trust me it was!
Naka Island is only a 30 minute car journey through some back streets as you head towards the coast so it helps if you book a car pick up service, as ordinary taxi drivers may not know where to bring you. From the marina it is only a 5-10 minute boat trip to the island.
Once you arrive, the guest relations staff are there to greet you and on route to your room you get to meet the General Manager while you make a wish and bang on a traditional bong-nice start to the holiday! They dealt with the check-in, in your room so it was hassle free. Our room no.27 was fabulous with lots of room and a nice big comfy bed. The bathroom was most impressive as it was at the back of the villa separate from the room and it looked out on a lovely tropical garden and an outdoor shower. There is a mosquito net which gives you comfort while you sleep and tea/coffee facilities in the room. The swimming pool is more than enough for two and it is kept nice & clean. You have your own bicycles to get around the island & you can go visit the local fishing village on the other side of the island.
All the other facilities on the island were very enjoyable. They had both outdoor and indoor class’s everyday such a Thai Boxing, Paddle Boarding and Yoga, which are good for the over cast days. There was a wide range of magazines, books & DVD’s to choose from. Even though we had our own private pool we used the communal pool every day, it faces out on the water with a mountainous view, the beds are actually in the pool and the pool boys come around with water regularly plus a nice cool breeze blows in. The Spa was amazing especially the gardens and the setting, it’s a must and prices are not too expensive. There is only two restaurants to choose from and normally we would tire easily of two but for some reason not these two! Tonsai had a bit of everything local & western, we preferred the Asian Cuisine (mango sticky rice-yum!) and My Grill had a lovely seafood platter and fine meats, we never had a bad meal in either. Zbar is peaceful and relaxing overlooking the water, it was a 5-10 minute cycle which is lovely before dinner BUT there was no bar close to the restaurants to relax and have an after dinner drink. So my only suggestion to the resort is to set up a nice beach bar close to My Grill! All the staff were so lovely always smiling and using our names. We had the pleasure of meeting Dave the head of Guest Relations who came over to chat every day and no request was too much for him, we really appreciated all the attention.
Over all we loved Naka, it’s the Maldives of Thailand just a lot more reasonably priced!!!! We will definitely plan a return visit in the future and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear EimernMarcus,

It was a pleasure meeting you and thanks again for staying with us recently at The Naka Island, A luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket and for posting such a wonderful review of your experience on Trip Advisor titled 'The Perfect Island'.

It means so much to myself and our team to have you rate us so highly in your feedback and to recommend The Naka Island to future guests that are searching for a luxurious, intimate, quiet and relaxing getaway in a tropical island setting.

Your many compliments are certainly welcome including your hassle free check-in, comfortable tropical pool villa, our watersports and recreational activities, treatments at Spa Naka, your restaurant dining experiences and also the friendliness and service from our ever helpful Naka Island Ambassadors.

I hope you have the opportunity to return again in the future to visit us for another unforgettable experience when you next visit Phuket.

Erich Friedl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to The Naka Island for a short vacation at the end of a work trip. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. The guest experience is excellent and makes you feel like you're on the most luxurious vacation from the second you set foot off the plane. The resort is incredibly romantic and offers picturesque sunsets, delicious food and deluxe accommodations. We stayed in a tropical villa and I felt like the red carpet had been rolled out. A beautiful open air washroom, a private pool and an outdoor bathtub are just a few examples of some of the villa amenities. I hope I can return one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear TalulahK522,

It is delightful to hear that you felt like the red carpet had been rolled out for you during your recent Naka Island experience and that you hope that you can return again one day.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and also for your many compliments in your Trip Advisor review, including the picturesque sunsets, delicious food and your private Tropical Pool Villa.

I hope you have the opportunity in the future to stay with us again to enjoy another unforgettable Luxury Collection experience.

Kind Regards
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed there in May with my husband and toddler as a friend was holding her wedding there. The property is a beautiful place and definitely worth the luxury dollar.

Both my husband and I loved the look and feel of the villa. It was romantic and cosy, and spacious enough for our toddler to run around. I really loved the decor and had a very good night's sleep while there.

The bathroom was located behind the villa, and the bathroom floors tend to be extremely slippery when wet. The management might want to look into this safety aspect.

My daughter loved the plunge pool in the villa but it was rainy season in phuket when we went. The plunge pool turned a strange shade of green after it rained. She still insisted in going to swim but we were not too sure what was the cause of the greenness... Perhaps rainwater and runoff from plants?

Our perfect stay was marred by the return speed boat transfer. Through no fault of anyone's it was raining extremely heavy when we were leaving the jetty, we were soaked through and through. But what we could not understand was how the speedboat could be leaky for a luxury resort and our luggage was thoroughly wet. And imagine all this happened with a toddler in tow.

The resort's speedboat people were not very helpful. We were waiting for our transfer and all they did was simply throw us an umbrella and we were waiting in the rain. Kept pestering us to use the taxi mafia at the jetty while we were waiting for our pickup to another resort to come. We were expecting them to help out a little more after all, we were hotel guests. But they could not care less about us after we told them firmly that we were not using the taxi mafia.

Felt quite helpless in that ten minutes and whatever feel good we had at the Naka was all rushed away with the rain.

When it came to the crunch, the staff could not go the extra mile for its guests. The rain was the truest test of the property and they failed.

Phuket is a tropical island subject to the elements. The jetty is unsheltered and the management could do well to try to plan for the unexpected. The luxury experience begins from the start of the jetty transfer to the point where the guests reaches the main island. The leaky speedboat and the uncaring speedboat crew were unbecoming of a top dollar villa.

Nonetheless the Naka is great for a hideaway to just unwind and relax, and hopefully u will have a better speedboat experience than we did!

Room Tip: We had a room that had jungle view. I believe those with sea view would be better. For people living...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear pinny83,

Thank you for your feedback further to your stay at The Naka Island in May earlier this year.

I was delighted to read your high praise of our property being a beautiful place, your villa being romantic and cozy and the quality of your sleep you enjoyed during your stay, however was disappointed to read about your family's departure experience. I can assure you that I am currently investigating the comments that you encountered plus the speedboat personnel that were on duty on that day and will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not occur again.

Please feel free to contact me directly at erich.friedl@luxurycollection.com if you would like to make any future reservations at The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket, so that I can personally make the necessary arrangements to ensure your stay is the most comfortable possible.

Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went with my friend for a shoe break from work. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Royal Horizon Pool Villa. The villa was nicely furnished with beautiful small decorations through out. The huge pool was the best part where you can relax and enjoy. The amenities were of a good quality and hair/body products were really good and not the usual commercial ones. The staff were very friendly and attentive even for funny requests like when I asked them to teach me how to make the bandana leave flower that they put in bed in the turndown service ;). We enjoyed the SPA treatment and massages where the staff was really professional. You can enjoy a ride in the bicycle available in each villa which was fun to do. There was nothing much on the island so all meals were in the hotel. They have 2 restaurants but I preferred the Thai one and order inside Vila for max relaxation. They need to work more on the food side since you cannot have the same experience if you order again the same meal that you have enjoyed a day or two earlier. Also I was in a rush going back home and wanted to buy small Thai souvenirs but the shop was disappointing! The other shop was more an artisan that sells arrests, shawls:pashminas, and throws and I didn't think it fit the place. I expected more local flavor. Overall we have enjoyed our stay and had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Khawal A,

It was very nice to meet with you during your recent stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Resort & Spa, Phuket and I thank you for taking the time write your review of your ‘peaceful escape’ in our Royal Horizon Pool Villa.

The 435 square metre, 42 metre long Royal Horizon Villa infinity swimming pool with its spectacular 180 degree views overlooking Phang Nga Bay is certainly a major hi-light of our resort and I am pleased that you enjoyed it so much. I would also like to thank you for your kind compliments regarding our bathroom amenity products, your Spa Naka massage treatments, Thai dining experiences at Tonsai restaurant and our friendly and attentive Naka Island Ambassadors.

It would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy another enriching Naka Island experience.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My first time to phuket, from car to boat to resort check-in to resort to restaurants, all the staff are very attentive; very quiet island and feel really recharge from the peace. Breakfast served with sparkling which is very good value, food selection is premium and service is attentive although they have limited number of staff. Recommend if u want a break from the hazzle, no other choice but come Naka Island!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear David L,

It is with delight that I read your 5 Star Trip Advisor review and how much you enjoyed your time recharging in the peacefulness of The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Thank you for complimenting our attentive Ambassadors, our premium food selection and for recommending our property to other travelers and I hope that you can visit us again in the future for another memorable Luxury Collection experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since we visited this resort, but it was so beautiful and unique I wanted to make sure I shared our experience with other travelers. This resort and rooms are luxurious. Private rooms with outdoor bath, shower and plunge pool perfect for a honeymoon or romantic trip. You can ride a bike through the resort then park it outside of your little bungalow. Beach activities were also available for guests.... My husband tried wind surfing while I did yoga with a breathtaking view of the ocean. The gym also had very modern equipment with nice views. We loved our stay so much we contemplated staying a few extra nights. Only thing to note is the restaurant is quite expensive, so don't be surprised. They is not much else on the island so meals will likely be at the hotel. Overall a luxurious and amazing stay. Would definitely go back for a special occasion.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Eli V,

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa back in October 2012.

Your kind words describing your stay as luxurious and amazing and with your private pool villa being perfect for your honeymoon trip are echoed by many of our guests and I am honored that you chose The Naka Island as the destination for your big occasion.

It is nice to hear that you took advantage of some of our recreational activities during your stay with us and I am happy to mention that since then there have been a number of additional activities introduced at The Naka Island, one of those being Stand Up Paddle Boarding. This past year has also seen many adjustments in all of our departments to ensure that our guests have an even more enjoyable and memorable stay.

I truly hope you will return and stay with us again when that special occasion arises so that we can exceed your expectations once again with our unsurpassed hospitality.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in September and the resort was everything I had imagined. Laid back island life with all the amenities of modern life provided.

The villas are clean and well furnished with an abundance of the local wildlife in attendance. We saw a wide variety of insects, lizards, crabs (hermit and otherwise by the beach) and even a bright green snake in the bamboo groove near the spa.

The in villa pool is clean although not very big but more then enough for a dip. The main hotel pool however more then makes up for it. I especially like how the deck chairs are all in the water so you don't have to worry about getting overrun by ants.

The food at both restaurants were great and I particularly enjoyed the local Thai cuisine at Tonsai.

As much as the villas and amenities were great, what truly stood out was the friendliness of the staff and the attentiveness they paid to all the details of our stat. I would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IvanTmk,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket and for taking the time to post your wonderful review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am elated to read that you had such a great stay with us due to so many factors including your villa with its own pool, your dining experiences at Tonsai and My Grill restaurants, our resort’s beachside infinity pool, plus your enjoyment of our local island surroundings and wildlife.

Your review will be shared with our team and I thank you on behalf of our Ambassadors for your kind compliments regarding their friendliness and service.

We hope you have the opportunity in the future to experience another enchanting stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa

Erich Friedl

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!