“A lovely hideaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket

You added The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   32 Moo 5 | Paklok, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
singapore
“A lovely hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed there in May with my husband and toddler as a friend was holding her wedding there. The property is a beautiful place and definitely worth the luxury dollar.

Both my husband and I loved the look and feel of the villa. It was romantic and cosy, and spacious enough for our toddler to run around. I really loved the decor and had a very good night's sleep while there.

The bathroom was located behind the villa, and the bathroom floors tend to be extremely slippery when wet. The management might want to look into this safety aspect.

My daughter loved the plunge pool in the villa but it was rainy season in phuket when we went. The plunge pool turned a strange shade of green after it rained. She still insisted in going to swim but we were not too sure what was the cause of the greenness... Perhaps rainwater and runoff from plants?

Our perfect stay was marred by the return speed boat transfer. Through no fault of anyone's it was raining extremely heavy when we were leaving the jetty, we were soaked through and through. But what we could not understand was how the speedboat could be leaky for a luxury resort and our luggage was thoroughly wet. And imagine all this happened with a toddler in tow.

The resort's speedboat people were not very helpful. We were waiting for our transfer and all they did was simply throw us an umbrella and we were waiting in the rain. Kept pestering us to use the taxi mafia at the jetty while we were waiting for our pickup to another resort to come. We were expecting them to help out a little more after all, we were hotel guests. But they could not care less about us after we told them firmly that we were not using the taxi mafia.

Felt quite helpless in that ten minutes and whatever feel good we had at the Naka was all rushed away with the rain.

When it came to the crunch, the staff could not go the extra mile for its guests. The rain was the truest test of the property and they failed.

Phuket is a tropical island subject to the elements. The jetty is unsheltered and the management could do well to try to plan for the unexpected. The luxury experience begins from the start of the jetty transfer to the point where the guests reaches the main island. The leaky speedboat and the uncaring speedboat crew were unbecoming of a top dollar villa.

Nonetheless the Naka is great for a hideaway to just unwind and relax, and hopefully u will have a better speedboat experience than we did!

Room Tip: We had a room that had jungle view. I believe those with sea view would be better. For people living...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear pinny83,

Thank you for your feedback further to your stay at The Naka Island in May earlier this year.

I was delighted to read your high praise of our property being a beautiful place, your villa being romantic and cozy and the quality of your sleep you enjoyed during your stay, however was disappointed to read about your family's departure experience. I can assure you that I am currently investigating the comments that you encountered plus the speedboat personnel that were on duty on that day and will take the necessary steps to ensure this does not occur again.

Please feel free to contact me directly at erich.friedl@luxurycollection.com if you would like to make any future reservations at The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket, so that I can personally make the necessary arrangements to ensure your stay is the most comfortable possible.

Erich Friedl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went with my friend for a shoe break from work. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Royal Horizon Pool Villa. The villa was nicely furnished with beautiful small decorations through out. The huge pool was the best part where you can relax and enjoy. The amenities were of a good quality and hair/body products were really good and not the usual commercial ones. The staff were very friendly and attentive even for funny requests like when I asked them to teach me how to make the bandana leave flower that they put in bed in the turndown service ;). We enjoyed the SPA treatment and massages where the staff was really professional. You can enjoy a ride in the bicycle available in each villa which was fun to do. There was nothing much on the island so all meals were in the hotel. They have 2 restaurants but I preferred the Thai one and order inside Vila for max relaxation. They need to work more on the food side since you cannot have the same experience if you order again the same meal that you have enjoyed a day or two earlier. Also I was in a rush going back home and wanted to buy small Thai souvenirs but the shop was disappointing! The other shop was more an artisan that sells arrests, shawls:pashminas, and throws and I didn't think it fit the place. I expected more local flavor. Overall we have enjoyed our stay and had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Khawal A,

It was very nice to meet with you during your recent stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Resort & Spa, Phuket and I thank you for taking the time write your review of your ‘peaceful escape’ in our Royal Horizon Pool Villa.

The 435 square metre, 42 metre long Royal Horizon Villa infinity swimming pool with its spectacular 180 degree views overlooking Phang Nga Bay is certainly a major hi-light of our resort and I am pleased that you enjoyed it so much. I would also like to thank you for your kind compliments regarding our bathroom amenity products, your Spa Naka massage treatments, Thai dining experiences at Tonsai restaurant and our friendly and attentive Naka Island Ambassadors.

It would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy another enriching Naka Island experience.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My first time to phuket, from car to boat to resort check-in to resort to restaurants, all the staff are very attentive; very quiet island and feel really recharge from the peace. Breakfast served with sparkling which is very good value, food selection is premium and service is attentive although they have limited number of staff. Recommend if u want a break from the hazzle, no other choice but come Naka Island!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear David L,

It is with delight that I read your 5 Star Trip Advisor review and how much you enjoyed your time recharging in the peacefulness of The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Thank you for complimenting our attentive Ambassadors, our premium food selection and for recommending our property to other travelers and I hope that you can visit us again in the future for another memorable Luxury Collection experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since we visited this resort, but it was so beautiful and unique I wanted to make sure I shared our experience with other travelers. This resort and rooms are luxurious. Private rooms with outdoor bath, shower and plunge pool perfect for a honeymoon or romantic trip. You can ride a bike through the resort then park it outside of your little bungalow. Beach activities were also available for guests.... My husband tried wind surfing while I did yoga with a breathtaking view of the ocean. The gym also had very modern equipment with nice views. We loved our stay so much we contemplated staying a few extra nights. Only thing to note is the restaurant is quite expensive, so don't be surprised. They is not much else on the island so meals will likely be at the hotel. Overall a luxurious and amazing stay. Would definitely go back for a special occasion.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Eli V,

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa back in October 2012.

Your kind words describing your stay as luxurious and amazing and with your private pool villa being perfect for your honeymoon trip are echoed by many of our guests and I am honored that you chose The Naka Island as the destination for your big occasion.

It is nice to hear that you took advantage of some of our recreational activities during your stay with us and I am happy to mention that since then there have been a number of additional activities introduced at The Naka Island, one of those being Stand Up Paddle Boarding. This past year has also seen many adjustments in all of our departments to ensure that our guests have an even more enjoyable and memorable stay.

I truly hope you will return and stay with us again when that special occasion arises so that we can exceed your expectations once again with our unsurpassed hospitality.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in September and the resort was everything I had imagined. Laid back island life with all the amenities of modern life provided.

The villas are clean and well furnished with an abundance of the local wildlife in attendance. We saw a wide variety of insects, lizards, crabs (hermit and otherwise by the beach) and even a bright green snake in the bamboo groove near the spa.

The in villa pool is clean although not very big but more then enough for a dip. The main hotel pool however more then makes up for it. I especially like how the deck chairs are all in the water so you don't have to worry about getting overrun by ants.

The food at both restaurants were great and I particularly enjoyed the local Thai cuisine at Tonsai.

As much as the villas and amenities were great, what truly stood out was the friendliness of the staff and the attentiveness they paid to all the details of our stat. I would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IvanTmk,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket and for taking the time to post your wonderful review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am elated to read that you had such a great stay with us due to so many factors including your villa with its own pool, your dining experiences at Tonsai and My Grill restaurants, our resort’s beachside infinity pool, plus your enjoyment of our local island surroundings and wildlife.

Your review will be shared with our team and I thank you on behalf of our Ambassadors for your kind compliments regarding their friendliness and service.

We hope you have the opportunity in the future to experience another enchanting stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I are still at the resort and can confirm it is everything you could dream of. The SPG website is a true reflection of the facility. Wonderful staff as is the food and spa. I have travelled the world and can say without hesitation that this is one of my highlights.

• Stayed September 2013
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Welsh_Ian,

It was a pleasure meeting you and I can honestly say that as a resort General Manager, reading such a wonderful review by such an experienced global traveler such as yourself, makes me extremely proud of my team of Ambassadors and the Naka Island Resort property.

Thank you so much for such kind words and for describing your stay with us as one of your travel highlights and everything you could dream of.

Your review will be shared and appreciated by all of the Naka Island Team and we truly hope you have the opportunity to return again to stay with us for another memorable experience.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Along with my sister and her fiance, we travelled from Singapore to Phuket just to have a quick escape from the busy city last month. We stayed almost 4 days on this lovely paradise called The Naka Island. As a SPG Gold Member, I am expecting that this stay will be different from my previous stays with Starwood but I didn't know that it will be even more better and wonderful. Everything went well and lovely. Starting from the speedboat ride until we reached our tropical pool villa. It was not your typical weekend escape but this one is definitely at par on of the best stays I've been to. The welcoming ceremony was great, the food at Tonsai was definitely worth mentioning. If you are craving for an island vibe for a few days this is the place to be. This is one of those places where you wished clocks stops for awhile to enjoy each and every moment. One of the best spots I truly love on this place is the pier. The place for hellos and goodbyes but a spot where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the island and the nearby landscape. Most of all, from the bottom of my heart I want to say an endless gratitude to the staff and crew of The Naka Island. From the wonderful stay, the one-of-a-kind service you have provided the three of us and most of all the friendship that you have shared with us from our stay up to now. Thank you so much for being the best in your field. The requests that you have granted us from our first day until the goodbye ceremony. Special mention to Khun Lena, Khun Jan and Khun Name for everything. To Khun Pui for assisting us, Khun Pom for all the needs he provided us everytime we were in Tonsai and to Khun David for the great smiles everytime we see him. We are always looking forward to visit this place again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear fabomania,

It is an absolute delight to read your glowing 5 Star review of the Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket, that you have posted on Trip Advisor further to your recent ‘escape from the busy city last month’.

Thank you for all of your kind compliments including that of our guest welcome ritual, your dining experiences at Tonsai restaurant, the panoramic island views and your Tropical Pool Villa.

Our Ambassadors will appreciate your comments regarding their one of a kind service and your feeling of friendship with them, while I am sure that your special mentions will be graciously accepted by Khun Lena, Khun Jan, Khun Name, Khun Pui, Khun Phom and Khun David.

The Naka Island Team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you back again, when you next have the opportunity, to experience more unequalled Luxury Collection hospitality.

Erich Friedl

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!