Stayed there in May with my husband and toddler as a friend was holding her wedding there. The property is a beautiful place and definitely worth the luxury dollar.
Both my husband and I loved the look and feel of the villa. It was romantic and cosy, and spacious enough for our toddler to run around. I really loved the decor and had a very good night's sleep while there.
The bathroom was located behind the villa, and the bathroom floors tend to be extremely slippery when wet. The management might want to look into this safety aspect.
My daughter loved the plunge pool in the villa but it was rainy season in phuket when we went. The plunge pool turned a strange shade of green after it rained. She still insisted in going to swim but we were not too sure what was the cause of the greenness... Perhaps rainwater and runoff from plants?
Our perfect stay was marred by the return speed boat transfer. Through no fault of anyone's it was raining extremely heavy when we were leaving the jetty, we were soaked through and through. But what we could not understand was how the speedboat could be leaky for a luxury resort and our luggage was thoroughly wet. And imagine all this happened with a toddler in tow.
The resort's speedboat people were not very helpful. We were waiting for our transfer and all they did was simply throw us an umbrella and we were waiting in the rain. Kept pestering us to use the taxi mafia at the jetty while we were waiting for our pickup to another resort to come. We were expecting them to help out a little more after all, we were hotel guests. But they could not care less about us after we told them firmly that we were not using the taxi mafia.
Felt quite helpless in that ten minutes and whatever feel good we had at the Naka was all rushed away with the rain.
When it came to the crunch, the staff could not go the extra mile for its guests. The rain was the truest test of the property and they failed.
Phuket is a tropical island subject to the elements. The jetty is unsheltered and the management could do well to try to plan for the unexpected. The luxury experience begins from the start of the jetty transfer to the point where the guests reaches the main island. The leaky speedboat and the uncaring speedboat crew were unbecoming of a top dollar villa.
Nonetheless the Naka is great for a hideaway to just unwind and relax, and hopefully u will have a better speedboat experience than we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand