“Escape with privacy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket

Save Saved
You added The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   32 Moo 5 | Paklok, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
“Escape with privacy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My first time to phuket, from car to boat to resort check-in to resort to restaurants, all the staff are very attentive; very quiet island and feel really recharge from the peace. Breakfast served with sparkling which is very good value, food selection is premium and service is attentive although they have limited number of staff. Recommend if u want a break from the hazzle, no other choice but come Naka Island!

• Stayed September 2013
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear David L,

It is with delight that I read your 5 Star Trip Advisor review and how much you enjoyed your time recharging in the peacefulness of The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Thank you for complimenting our attentive Ambassadors, our premium food selection and for recommending our property to other travelers and I hope that you can visit us again in the future for another memorable Luxury Collection experience.

Erich Friedl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since we visited this resort, but it was so beautiful and unique I wanted to make sure I shared our experience with other travelers. This resort and rooms are luxurious. Private rooms with outdoor bath, shower and plunge pool perfect for a honeymoon or romantic trip. You can ride a bike through the resort then park it outside of your little bungalow. Beach activities were also available for guests.... My husband tried wind surfing while I did yoga with a breathtaking view of the ocean. The gym also had very modern equipment with nice views. We loved our stay so much we contemplated staying a few extra nights. Only thing to note is the restaurant is quite expensive, so don't be surprised. They is not much else on the island so meals will likely be at the hotel. Overall a luxurious and amazing stay. Would definitely go back for a special occasion.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Eli V,

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa back in October 2012.

Your kind words describing your stay as luxurious and amazing and with your private pool villa being perfect for your honeymoon trip are echoed by many of our guests and I am honored that you chose The Naka Island as the destination for your big occasion.

It is nice to hear that you took advantage of some of our recreational activities during your stay with us and I am happy to mention that since then there have been a number of additional activities introduced at The Naka Island, one of those being Stand Up Paddle Boarding. This past year has also seen many adjustments in all of our departments to ensure that our guests have an even more enjoyable and memorable stay.

I truly hope you will return and stay with us again when that special occasion arises so that we can exceed your expectations once again with our unsurpassed hospitality.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in September and the resort was everything I had imagined. Laid back island life with all the amenities of modern life provided.

The villas are clean and well furnished with an abundance of the local wildlife in attendance. We saw a wide variety of insects, lizards, crabs (hermit and otherwise by the beach) and even a bright green snake in the bamboo groove near the spa.

The in villa pool is clean although not very big but more then enough for a dip. The main hotel pool however more then makes up for it. I especially like how the deck chairs are all in the water so you don't have to worry about getting overrun by ants.

The food at both restaurants were great and I particularly enjoyed the local Thai cuisine at Tonsai.

As much as the villas and amenities were great, what truly stood out was the friendliness of the staff and the attentiveness they paid to all the details of our stat. I would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IvanTmk,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket and for taking the time to post your wonderful review on the Trip Advisor website.

I am elated to read that you had such a great stay with us due to so many factors including your villa with its own pool, your dining experiences at Tonsai and My Grill restaurants, our resort’s beachside infinity pool, plus your enjoyment of our local island surroundings and wildlife.

Your review will be shared with our team and I thank you on behalf of our Ambassadors for your kind compliments regarding their friendliness and service.

We hope you have the opportunity in the future to experience another enchanting stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I are still at the resort and can confirm it is everything you could dream of. The SPG website is a true reflection of the facility. Wonderful staff as is the food and spa. I have travelled the world and can say without hesitation that this is one of my highlights.

• Stayed September 2013
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Welsh_Ian,

It was a pleasure meeting you and I can honestly say that as a resort General Manager, reading such a wonderful review by such an experienced global traveler such as yourself, makes me extremely proud of my team of Ambassadors and the Naka Island Resort property.

Thank you so much for such kind words and for describing your stay with us as one of your travel highlights and everything you could dream of.

Your review will be shared and appreciated by all of the Naka Island Team and we truly hope you have the opportunity to return again to stay with us for another memorable experience.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Along with my sister and her fiance, we travelled from Singapore to Phuket just to have a quick escape from the busy city last month. We stayed almost 4 days on this lovely paradise called The Naka Island. As a SPG Gold Member, I am expecting that this stay will be different from my previous stays with Starwood but I didn't know that it will be even more better and wonderful. Everything went well and lovely. Starting from the speedboat ride until we reached our tropical pool villa. It was not your typical weekend escape but this one is definitely at par on of the best stays I've been to. The welcoming ceremony was great, the food at Tonsai was definitely worth mentioning. If you are craving for an island vibe for a few days this is the place to be. This is one of those places where you wished clocks stops for awhile to enjoy each and every moment. One of the best spots I truly love on this place is the pier. The place for hellos and goodbyes but a spot where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the island and the nearby landscape. Most of all, from the bottom of my heart I want to say an endless gratitude to the staff and crew of The Naka Island. From the wonderful stay, the one-of-a-kind service you have provided the three of us and most of all the friendship that you have shared with us from our stay up to now. Thank you so much for being the best in your field. The requests that you have granted us from our first day until the goodbye ceremony. Special mention to Khun Lena, Khun Jan and Khun Name for everything. To Khun Pui for assisting us, Khun Pom for all the needs he provided us everytime we were in Tonsai and to Khun David for the great smiles everytime we see him. We are always looking forward to visit this place again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear fabomania,

It is an absolute delight to read your glowing 5 Star review of the Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket, that you have posted on Trip Advisor further to your recent ‘escape from the busy city last month’.

Thank you for all of your kind compliments including that of our guest welcome ritual, your dining experiences at Tonsai restaurant, the panoramic island views and your Tropical Pool Villa.

Our Ambassadors will appreciate your comments regarding their one of a kind service and your feeling of friendship with them, while I am sure that your special mentions will be graciously accepted by Khun Lena, Khun Jan, Khun Name, Khun Pui, Khun Phom and Khun David.

The Naka Island Team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you back again, when you next have the opportunity, to experience more unequalled Luxury Collection hospitality.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently stayed here for the last five nights of a two week trip to Asia to celebrate our 10th anniversary. After looking forward to the visit for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that the resort exceeded our expectations in every way.

From the pick-up at the airport to the Ao Po Marina, there isn't much to be impressed with in this part of Phuket. But once at the Marina, you board a speedboat for the brief ride over to Naka. From that point on, you are exceptionally well cared for.

We were met at the Naka dock by a small receiving party who greeted us and helped with our luggage. This included the hotel's manager, Erich, who biked down the dock just to say hello and extend his own greeting...a nice touch.

We had reserved the Royal Horizon Pool Villa, which wasn't yet ready for us, so they nicely put us in a spare villa until ours was ready and moved us seamlessly...another nice touch. We didn't even have to ask.

We were ably assisted during the entire stay by Mai, who anticipated and met virtually everything we needed or asked for. The rest of the staff was outstanding as well, including Med who made sure our son was entertained at various times, and Daniele the resort's resident wine expert -- a really good guy. The staffs at Z-bar, Tonsai and My Grill were all first rate.

With Mai's help, we elected to take a day trip by speedboat to the Phi Phi Island's about an hour into the Andean sea, where we had a fantastic time snorkeling, seeing monkeys and swimming among some great sites. They boat they arranged was staffed by a capable crew, who made for a great time. I would recommend doing this.

The rest of the time was spent on the resort, enjoying the unbelievable opulence of our Royal Horizon Pool Villa, the Spa and the rest of the resort. As for the Royal Horizon Villa, It is simply an amazing experience within an already amazing resort. We felt incredibly spoiled by the luxury and solitude of its prime spot on the point of the resort. We would definitely do it all over again!

I won't even begin to bore you with any of the "nits" that come up with any stay. Suffice to say this is a wonderful hotel with excellent management and staff. Do take the opportunity to visit if you can!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear BobRen62,

It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you so much for sharing your 5 Star review following your recent 10th Wedding Anniversary stay at The Naka Island Resort & Spa, Phuket, with other travelers on the Trip Advisor website.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed our resort so much, plus our spectacular Royal Horizon Pool Villa, with all of its wonderful features and the unforgettable views of Phang Nga Bay.

Our Ambassadors including Khun Mai, Khun Med, Daniel and the F&B Department will appreciate your kind words plus knowing that you felt exceptionally well cared for during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the entire Naka Island team.

I look forward to welcoming you back once again to The Naka Island when you next have the chance to visit Phuket, so we can exceed your expectations in every way once again.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Getting to the hotel is an experience!, and once you reach the amazing paradisiac island after a 5 mins speed boat ride, you have the staff waiting for you at the pier.. They do a couple of rituals for you and tell you the story of the island...
When we got to our room, which was acrually the BEST ROOM EVER IN THE WORLD, guided by Lina, we saw in our bed a BEAUTIFUL romantic set up due to our anniversary that she especially designed and came even early to her shift to make sure everything was as she wanted... What a sweetheart!.
Lina was our highlight in our stay, she recommended us great activities to do as you are in a lonely romantic island. Thank you Lina!!!.
Overall, the hotel is fantastic, the food and beverage proposal is perfect!. We dine at both restaurants and the executive chef, Ian, was always there interacting with the guests and making sure everyone was happy. Then we also meet the sommelier, Daniel, and he was also very charming and knowleadgeable, aswell as David!, he was always smiling and engaging with everyone.
One thing we must mention is the AMAZING housekeeping service. The turn down service and the all day attention was impeccable.
Thank you to the Naka Island Team for a unforgetable stay!!!!!, we will definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Lilisp22,

I am thrilled to read your glowing review of The Naka Island Resort & Spa further to your recent anniversary stay with us.

It is truly gratifying to read your many compliments regarding our resort facilities and services, your private villa, food and beverage experiences, plus the fact that you enjoyed it so much that you will definitely return to stay with us again in the future.

Your kind words regarding our Ambassadors will be shared with our housekeeping department, Chef Ian, Daniel, David and especially to Khun Lena, who has definitely enhanced your time at The Naka Island with her guest focus and diligent work ethic.

Thank you for taking the time to post such great feedback on the Trip Advisor website and I look forward to your next visit to our resort for another unforgettable experience.

Erich Friedl

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!