“Lunch on Saturday 17 August 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Lunch on Saturday 17 August 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Four of us enjoyed a very pleasant lunch at the Joshua Tree on Saturday - the menu offered an excellent choice at reasonable prices, and we were well looked after as far as table service was concerned. Two of us arrived early after a long drive and needed the loo; despite the place not actually open at that time we were warmly invited in to use their facilities before we advised that we had a booking for lunch a little later. That was a good start, and nothing let the place down. Pub was well decorated and inviting, and I was a little surprised that it wasn't full for lunch; it certainly deserved to be so. One of us ordered the kangaroo steak, and asked for it to be a little less pink that it might usually have been served - it arrived exactly as requested. I had the trio of chicken, followed by a version of Eton mess that was full of mango and lemon - that pudding was absolutely lovely, and the best of its kind that I've ever had. All in all - excellent in every respect.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Very good food, portions a size a little overwhelming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited here with two friends on a Wednesday night. We booked a table, we arrived early and the very friendly waiter served us a bottle of wine in the bar and gave us the restaurant menus to peruse, we moved to our table at 2000 and at that time there were about four other tables occupied. The waiter was lovely, helped us with our choices and brought us a jug of water.

The menu is not normal pub food, it is food with an interesting twist. We had three different starters, all were very nice, portions sizes were slightly on the large size but ok. Our main were very good, we had pork belly, steak and one of the party had a Stilton burger. All of the portions were big but the portion size of the burger was very overwhelming, in a way it was so big it turned my friend off the food. Which was a shame as it was lovely.

We really only had no room for pudding, which was a shame as they looked excellent on the menu. We will be back, but probably won't have the starters, I think they might be missing a trick with the portions sizes as people won't spend as much having starters and puddings!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant!!!! I love it so much if I were a restaurant I would marry it!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The service was AMAZING!!!
The food was AMAZING!!!
The staff were AMAZING!!!
The place was AMAZING!!!
The building was AMAZING!!!
The garden was AMAZING!!!
The drinks were AMAZING!!!
Everything was AMAZING!!!
Everything was SO GOOD!!!!!!!
I love everything about it!!!!!!
The only thing about it that isn't so AMAZING is that not everyone knows how AMAZING it is!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visited after I was recommended by a friend as was not disappointed! The service and food was excellent. Not much to look at from the outside but inside is lovely. I had a starter and main for under £13 and both were delicious. Great food a a great price. You can certainly tell, the quality of produce used is not what you would find in your average chain restaurant. I have never had chicken that tasted sooooo good!

• Visited July 2013
Surrey, UK
“great food and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went along early one Sunday lunchtime and they were just able to squeeze us in...... Probably the best pub food I have had and huge portions too, definitely recommend..... Just a shame I had no room for dessert!

• Visited January 2013