“consistently excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 44 restaurants in Redhill
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Everest Spice is a local Surrey curry house that has set up shop on the Cromwell Road in Redhill. Loved for its unique Nepalese/Indian menu and genuine hospitality, Everest Spice has earned itself a loyal clientele who keep coming back for the fresh, delicious dishes and great Gurkha beer. Whether you pop by for a casual mid-week meal or a fun birthday party, you���ll be treated as a treasured guest and the staff here are attentive and gracious, and pay attention to detail. The sharing platters at Everest Spice are a great way to share food with friends, and you���ll love the warm and cheerful vibe here.
Redhill, United Kingdom
“consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our family have visited this local restaurant regularly over the past 10 years. We can't believe the number of locals that haven't given it a try. I think they are dissuaded by the rather basic external decoration - it's not a palace inside either! however if you want superb flavours, freshness and excellent hospitality and value, it's the best Indian in the area by a mile.

Visited January 2014

94% Recommend
“I gave up...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I gave up the hope of finding good Indian food since I moved to UK a few years ago..
I stayed in Redhill for a around years and the place I used to go was Gulaab as it was closest to my house. But every time I ordered from there I used to regret it as the food always had too much oil and not that tasty at all...I moved to Welwyn Garden City for another 2 years and I found a good restaurant there...
When my wife changed her job and we had to relocate to Redhill...My Indian food was the biggest issue for me..
Gulaab was gone and I was looking an alternative and presto...everyone said Everest is decent...give it a try..
Having tried this couple of time already now..I say ..This is great!!!
Great food. I tend to order delivery...and have not been into the restaurant myself. I think I should visit it soon.
I have also been to Nepal on many occasions ( just a few hours drive from my place in India)...and love the cooking style there.
Try the Gurkhali lamb for sure!!
Thanks Everest for making my Redhill stay worthwhile!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“welcoming place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

we come back to this place (or get a take away) quite often as the service is so welcoming and friendly. The food is absolutely delicious; our favourites are ghurkali lamb (if you're into lamb you really should try it) and dhansak king prawns - we absolutely love those dishes and all our friends who have tried them confirm that the tastes are so good

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Divine on all counts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have dined here half a dozens now for past two years. Would go more often but live a distance away. Last night we took another couple and once again not disappointed.
The inside of the restaurant is bright and clean, tables laid out beautifully with sparklingly clean glasses ! This always impresses me, so often you go to eateries and the glasses are badly stained from the dishwasher or have lipstick still on them.
I had Chicken tikka which was succulent and magnificently tasty, others had a Lamb Balti and two of the specials. Each one was delightful.

Service impeccable, they could not do enough for us.

So as someone else said don't be put off of where it is located or the outside appearance, not that its dreadful it just looks like a conservatory and very ordinary, but step inside and there is a warm welcome. Top marks for customer service, each member of staff was well groomed and very polite and unobtrusive.

Ticks the boxes on all counts as far as i am concerned.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Staffordshire, Uk
“Not much to look at, but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Maybe not the most attractive restaurant to look at, but if it's freshly-prepared, tasty Indian food you're after, you won't go wrong here. Unobtrusive but efficient and friendly service, reasonable prices and some interesting and unusual twists on Indian cuisine with the Nepali heritage.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere